Tuesday 31 January 2012

Killer Heels!

Here is a card I have made for my Daughter Sarah's birthday.  Her birthday isn't until Friday but she has promised not to sneek a peek on my blog until then.  Sarah always wears 'killer heels' so I thought this card would be perfect.


The image is from my 'mad cow' folder (see my last post). I stamped it a few years ago at a craft club held at a local craft shop (now closed).  I borrowed the stamp from a friend so I can't remember the make.  I coloured the shoe in with Festive Berries DI and glazed it with glossy accents.  The label and corners are from Spellbinders Parisian Accents and the red card is embossed with a polka dot mask from Creative Expressions.  The ribbon, stones and corner brads are from my stash. I also distressed the image and the sentiment with the DI.  I'm trying to improve my photo's - tried the 'card in a box and an ottlite' suggestion from a fellow blogger.  Hopefully a slight improvement. I do admit I am no photographer though!!

7 comments:

Lou said...

Lovely card, Your daughter will love it!, I love those corners and label, think that spellbinders will be going on my wish list. Hope you've had a good week Lou x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Just gorgeous your daughter will love it! Those shoes are fabulous oh to be ale to wear them! Hugs Susan xx

SandeeNC said...

Your daughter will love the card I am sure, made my fat feet hurt to just look at it, lol I really like how you glazed the shoes and made it so pretty, if not painful...ouch, ouch...walking away barefoot....

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, what great colour combo too.
luv
Debby

Jester said...

What a gorgeous card!
Thanks so much for visiting and becoming a follower.
Do get that new journal out - it is so much fun and a great way to test out new techniques etc.

Unknown said...

lovely card - really great! I like the sentiment as well as the layout. I sometimes wish I had girls instead of boys - their cards are so much nicer to make!

~Tammy~ said...

This is so cute and fun! I love the red and black!!!