Tuesday 29 April 2014

Leafy Swirl in Green

I love these Leafy Swirl stamps by Clarity - they are just gorgeous!


The backgrounds are Pine Needles and Evergreen Bough Distress Inks.. I put some ink on my craft mat, sprayed the ink and card with water and dragged the card through.  Sprayed with water, dried then dabbed in the leftover ink.  I edged with the Pine Needles to create a dark frame.  The main image is stamped with Emerald Archival and embossed with clear powder from behind so it is like glass.  The smaller Leafy Swirl has been stamped twice on the background card with the same ink but not embossed.  I layered it all on some white and dark green card, added some pale green pearls and it was finished.

I would like to enter this into the April Challenge over at The Clarity Stamp Challenge which is Monochrome - using varying shades of one colour.  Please pop over to see the fabulous DT makes and the other cool entries!  Its really lovely to know you have visited and I love to read your comments - thank you!  Take care. Christine xx



16 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Chris gosh I love this! What a fabulous stamp not seen it before but its a real beauty. Love your inking and card design. Susan xx

Redanne said...

I think Evergreen Bough is my new favourite colour, it looks fabulous on your card. You really have created a beautiful background and the swirls are gorgeous! Anne xx

Jo Rice said...

Chris, this is a gorgeous card and a perfect example of true Monochrome. I love how you have used your Clarity stamps, Thank you for entering our Challenge and good luck...Jo. X

Anita in France said...

Wow, Chris, with that awesome background and the clear embossed leafy swirls, you've created such a fabulous sense of 3D ... lovely! Anita :)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love your colors of Distress Ink! Beautiful!!! Thanks for the recent visit to my blog as well!

Unknown said...

Fantastic work Chris! Love the colour and the composition! Thank you for entering this month's Claritystamp Challenge, and good luck! x

Sue said...

Oh this is lovely Chris! I love that colour DI and thanks for your lovely comments on my blog huggles Sue xx

May said...

Gorgeous card Chris, I adore the stamp & the greens are beautiful...Great design... Hugs May x x

Emma Burns said...

Hi Chris. What a lovely way to show of the leafy swirls. great Card. good luck in the Clarity Challenge xx

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Christine,

What a beautiful card! I like the effect of dragging the cardstock through the distress inks once the cardstock was wet. I'm planning to play in my journal (wish me luck as the pages are still white) over the weekend. Can't wait to try some different techniques for backgrounds.

I also just read your comment on my post. It's amazing what we go through on the inside and most of the time look fine on the outside! You know exactly how I feel as I'm sure we have so many symptoms that are alike. My Doctor wanted me to quit working last year but I was denied short term disability through The Hartford. While I was out, though, I managed to start going to the therapy pool which helped quite a bit. I'm planning to retire next year even though it's early. My health definitely is affected by my job and the stress that goes along with it. Thank you for sharing your story with me.

Hugs,
Kay

Liz McGuire, said...

Gorgeous shade of green, and what a cool technique. Love this card, Liz x

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Wonderful background coloring, that is a green I love too. And such a beautiful stamping with an elegant effect amazing art work.
Big hugs Anja

Jester said...

Such an elegant and stylish card, Chris, and I love those greens. Great background (I love that technique) and wonderful stamping. Jx

vic said...

Hi Chris wow such a great card and what a fab job you made with the inks it's gorgeous!!
Vic x

Heather T said...

Such an elegant card; the background looks like marble.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Gorgeous! The colors are so soothing!