Monday 26 May 2014

Clarity Challenge - Only Words

The Clarity Challenge for May is all about words.  I have been a bit boring and used 'Happy Birthday' - not the most inspiring words but the most used of any I would think!


The background is Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed Distress Inks which have been dragged on my craft sheet, spritzed with water then the card swooshed through it.  I then dropped handfuls of water on it, dried it then dabbed it in the remaining ink.  The words are stamped using the Clarity Letter Box kit with Black Versafine and embossed with clear powder.  I then masked the letters off with Clarity masks and dragged Spiced Marmalade Ink outwards from the masks to frame the letters. Then stamped the animals and birds from the Clarity English Garden Elements, again with Versafine embossed with clear powder - I embossed these silhouette images from behind so the shine was really smooth.  A bit of layering finished it off on the black card base then I added the black pearls.  If you get the chance, please pop over to Clarity and see the fabulous DT projects and all the brilliant entries.  Thank you so much for visiting me.  I will pop over and see you as soon as I can.  I really appreciate your visits and support!  Take care. Christine xx

13 comments:

Redanne said...

I LOVE your beautiful background and the way you masked the letters and highlighted them is such a great technique (must note that one!). I think the simplicity of the card is what makes it so very special. Hugs, Anne x

Jo said...

Just beautiful.....love how you have a stronger colour around the letters, looks great & that teeny tiny squirrel is fab!
hugs Jo x

Anita in France said...

What a fabulous background, Chris ... such gorgeous, warm colours! The silhouette images look fantastic against it! Anita :)

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

wonderful work there Chris love the inky bit :D great colour spiced marmalade! thanks for popping over too, Shaz in oz.x

Jester said...

Such a lovely card, Chris. I really like it. A fab background and I love the cat, squirrel and birds and how you've placed them. Jx

chrissie said...

The background is wonderful Chris and the little creatures look terrific against it

Love Chrissie x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Chris what a lovely card. Love how you created the background, I wouldn't have the foggiest. The little squirrel and cat look so sweet just perched there. Susan xx

Sue said...

This is totally gorgeous Chris love the colours you have used!! huggles Sue xx

Naomi said...

Super background all warm, hopefully we will get days like that. A lovely card Chris. Good luck and thanks for entering the challenge.

Unknown said...

You have used all my favourite colours! Lovely background and super card. Good luck! x

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

What a cute idea, I love it!

Sandy said...

Love this card - it reminds me of Halloween - my favorite time of year for sure!!
Sandy xx

nefertiti said...

So cute card with a beautiful background!!!
Bizz
Sylvie