Wednesday 25 March 2015

Noel!

Two more cards for my Christmas card stash!  I have used the fabulous Dreamweaver Noel stencil and have made two cards to illustrate how different a stencil can look in different colours and pastes etc.



This one is using Dreamweaver Metallic Gold on black card and when dry a little gold glitter and a red stone added to the snowflake then a simple mat on red and a black card base - so simple!  Sorry about the bad photo!


For this one, I inked through the stencil with a couple of Distress Inks, cleaned the stencil and made sure the ink was dry then replaced the stencil and used Sweet Poppy Translucent stencil paste which dries clear.  Whilst still wet, I added glitter to the whole word.  When dry, I mounted on some vellum then the blue card and added the white card candi.  There is a bit more to this one bit its still quite simple.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Darnell's Blog - NBUS No. 4 - (Never Before Used Schtuff)  - my NBUS is the stencil which I have had for ages but never used, and the Translucent paste which I bought more recently.


Rudolph Days at Scrappymo's - Make a Christmas Card - Anything Goes
Please visit both these blogs, they are awesome!

Thank you so much for popping in today I love your visits and comments so much!  Have a fabulous week.  Take care.  Christine xxx


19 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Two beautiful cards. I did not know that you could use the clear stencil paste to mount glitter. Added that tidbit to my repertoire of info!
Thanks for sharing that technique.

Thank you for taking part in the March Rudolph days Challenge.

SandeeNC said...

wow, you are going to be so far ahead of the game for Christmas, I'm jealous! Beautiful cards :)

Sarn said...

WOW - two completely different looks from the one stencil. GREAT WORK.

I was wondering what to do with the translucent gel I was given . . . now I know! Thanks!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Oh my! Stencils and embossing paste! That's one of those things I always meant to try but somehow never got around to it (I have the supplies though). Love these two cards and that's two more done for Christmas! You rock!

Jean Straw said...

Two beautiful cards, I particularly like the blue sparkly one.
Jean x

Jacee said...

Great design Chris, love both the colours, lovely!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

chrissie said...

Two stunning cards for your stash

Love Chrissie xx

Kathleen said...

Oh gosh, I totally ove these two card, both great colour ways .

Kath x

Heather T said...

Both are lovely but the black and gold has so much elegance, it's my favourite.

alexandra s.m. said...

Great cards Christine!
Classic Beauties!

Mrs A. said...

Both stunning in their own way. The black and gold so bold and the blue like icicles. Hugs Mrs A.

JD/ Jill said...

I like to use stencils and I like to use embossing paste...but my cards never turn out as nice as your two cards have here...So beautifully done!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

These are stunning cards Chris. I love that stencil I must see if they still make it. Susan xx

Dragon said...

Stunning cards, what a difference the colour scheme makes.

LesleyG said...

Looks like that stencils a lot of fun, stunning results, and such different effects. Xxx

Darnell said...

That is amazing, isn't it? Thank you for this striking example, Chris! Both of your designs are spectacular with their own coloring. I really love the sparkle you captured on that beautiful blue one! Thank you so much for playing my NBUS Challenge #4, my friend! Hugs, Darnell

Jester said...

Oh my! You are going to be so prepared by the time Christmas comes. Two very stylish cards. Jx

Anita in France said...

These are both beautiful, Chris ... one rich, bold and dramatic, the other cool, crisp and shimmery ... brilliant! Anita :)

Twinks Stamping said...

WOW I agree they look so different. I love the first rich lush red and gold one but equally I love the cool blue one too! Great cards xxx