Thursday 23 November 2017

Another Wild Flower Silhouette!

Hello, thank you so much for visiting me and Happy Thanksgiving to all of my lovely friends who are celebrating!

Today I have another wild flower silhouette card which is similar to a card I posted Here.  This one below is much brighter with a black sentiment, flower and butterfly, and I added some all important stencilling which I think really makes a huge difference!


The background is one that I already made from a mop up and I added some stamping with chicken wire from Creative Expressions and a little Sheena Douglass splatter stamp.  I thought the background needed something extra so I took Picked Raspberry Distress Ink and some of that DIY tape with the little grid (I can't remember what it is called), stencilled through it, and it made it perfect - well in my mind anyway!  I do love stencilling.  The flowers are from Tim Holtz Sizzix die set Wildflower, the little butterfly is from Butterfly Frenzy strip die from Sizzix and the sentiment is from Paperartsy Jofy 09 stamped in Versamark embossed with white powder.  A few sequins for a little bling and all done.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

That's Crafty - Stencil it.
Country View Challenges - Stencils.
Bizzy Becs - Anything Goes.
Try It On A Tuesday - Colourful.

Thank you again for visiting me.  Take care.  Christine xxx



12 comments:

Redanne said...

You used that DIY tape (I am not sure what it is called either - lol) beautifully Chris, your background is gorgeous and the silhouette flower looks very dramatic - such a beautiful card! Hugs, Anne xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Super colours in your stencilled background Chris, using black for your wildflowers has really brought out the lighter shades hidden within. Loving those words... and I too can not remember the name of that tape hee heee!!! What are we 3 like :))
Best wishes in the That's Crafty Stencil it Challenge.. Tracey x

Marina said...

This is lovely.

froebelsternchen said...

Such a beautiful card - amazing! Thank you very much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!
oxo Susi

Mrs A. said...

I love the oolours in your background which looks stunning with the black silhouettes . Hugs Mrs A.

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful silhouette card, thank you for sharing it with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

Anita in France said...

You do layered stamping so wonderfully, Chris ... this is fabulous ... the sense of depth on the background is fantastic ... a perfect spot for those lovely silhouettes! Hugs, Anita :)

LesleyG said...

love your silhouette card, that background is simply stunning xxx

Anne said...

I was going to email you Chris and say thanks for the lovely card so just popped by your blog to see if you were back and here’s a beautiful make that I missed! Love the silhouette and your background is wonderful
Anne x

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this colourful background - great contrast with the black! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

rachel said...

beautiful stencilling - apologies for my late comment and thanks for joining us at Countryview Challenges! Hugs rachel xx

Jester said...

Lovely, and so true - it's so easy to get caught up in the busy-ness of life. Jx