Saturday 17 February 2018

Valentine's Canvas

Hello and welcome to my blog - its so nice of you to visit!  Today I have a small canvas I made for my wonderful husband instead of a Valentine's card.  I got the idea for making a canvas and for the heart from my good friend Anne's post here.  I hope you don't mind me pinching your idea Anne - your canvas is wonderful!



As usual my photograph is pretty rubbish - the heart is a much richer red and the black is blacker - so sorry!  The board canvas is 7 x 5 inches and I painted it with a couple of coats of black paint then, when dry and after using an anti static bag, I stamped the script by Prima and the corners from Sheena Douglass Ageing Beautifully in Versamark then embossed with detail gold embossing powder.  I painted the grey board heart with gesso then Barn Door Distress paint then embossed with about five coats of clear embossing powder.  I inked up the gorgeous Garden Heart stamp by Clarity Stamp with black Archival Ink - quickly remelted the embossing till it was moulten, then stamped into the heart pressing quite hard and leaving it for a minute or so before I removed it.  I was so pleased with how it turned out - its so textured and the image came out perfectly!  I haven't tried this before.  The sentiments are also from various Sheena Douglass stamp sets and the little hearts from Spellbinders die set Flutter Love.  The hearts and sentiments are embossed a couple of times with clear powder too.  The heart charms are from my stash.  I added brads to all three large hearts then glued everything to the canvas using Cosmic Shimmer PVA and Pinflair Glue Gel for the solid heart.  Darren liked it which was cool!  He is going to stand it on one of his record shelves so I didn't need to add a hanger.

Thank you again Anne for the idea!

I would like to enter the following challenges:

A Vintage Journey Melt It.
Penny Black and More - Love Hearts And Flowers.
That's Crafty - I Heart You.
Country View Challenges - Anything But Cute.
Try It On A Tuesday - Love Is In The Air.

Thank you again for visiting me and I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
Take care - Christine xxx

20 comments:

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Chris! I bet your hubby loved it huggles Sue xx

Redanne said...

Chris, I feel so honoured that I inspired you! Your canvas is beautiful, the red against the bold black is so very beautiful and I just love the whole design. I am sure hubby will treasure this!

Thanks so much for joining in Julia's Melt It challenge at A Vintage Journey! Big hugs, Anne xxx

LesleyG said...

What a gorgeous creation, and how nice to do an alternative to the usual card, stunning xxx

brenda said...

This is just beautiful Chris, the intensity of golds and deep reds really make a statement, a perfect creation for our 'Love, Hearts and Flowers' theme at Penny Black and More challenge, many thanks for joining in.

B x

dutchess said...

This is stunning Chris I bet he was thrilled with it....such a work of art and love....the colour contrast really enhances that beautiful red heart...perfect xxxxx

froebelsternchen said...

our canvas turned out so beautiful! A brilliant project! So pleassed you linked it to Try It On Tuesday! Happy Sunday!
oxo Susi

Lisa :) said...

this is lovely

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful canvas! The shine of the gold embossing on the black background looks amazing 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! J 😊

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is beautiful- the black looks so dramatic with your lovely textured heart! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

Meggymay said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful canvas with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

Mrs A. said...

Your canvas is beautiuful and I just love your molten heart. What a great gift for hubby. Hugs Mrs A.

Corrie Herriman said...

Great canvas ! Thanks for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
Corrie x

Anita in France said...

Rich and texture-y, Chris ... and full of interest and depth ... seems I could just reach in and touch it! Hugs, Anita :)

Jane said...

Such a lovely canvas...the heart is so textured. Thanks so much for joining in with our anything but cute challenge over at Country View xx

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Jester said...

It is a clever idea and I bet your Husband loved it. The gold and red against the black background provide such a richness and, as usual, your stamping is meticulous! It's stunning! Jx

Patty Tanúz said...

Ohh I love this canvas!!!!!!!!!!!

Daniela said...

Such a pretty creation! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck!
x Daniela (DT)

Anne said...

That's a fabulous make Chris, what a lovely idea to do a canvas for a change

Anne x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A beautiful canvas keepsake Chris and I adore the colours that you have used for it. Thank you for sharing the love with us over at That's Crafty.
Creative hugs & wishes Tracey xx