Sunday 15 July 2018

Dragonflies!

Hello and thank you for visiting my blog - it makes me so happy when you do!  I have a card for you today that I made a while ago but didn't get round to blogging.



The background was made by putting a selection of Distress Oxide Inks on my craft sheet, spritzing with water then dipping watercolour colour card into it.  I wanted a delicate summery look so I left it quite pale.  When dry, I used more Distress Oxides to stamp the foliage from HobbyArt Orla The Owl stamp set, in second, third and even fourth generation ink.  Sorry I can't remember the colours of inks I used.  The Bulrushes from Darkroom Door Wildflowers 2 stamp set and the dragonflies from a Cardio stamp set were stamped using black Versafine then the panel edged with, I think, Black Soot Distress Oxide and attached to a black card base.  Finally lots of Stickles of course to the dragonflies and Bulrushes for sparkle.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Penny Black Allsorts - Things with Wings.
Artistic Stamper - Distress It.
That's Crafty - Close to Nature.
Country View - In the Summer Garden.  I wish I had a river going through my garden!  We did have a beautiful dragonfly yesterday though!
Stamping Sensations - In My Garden.
Simon's Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Fun in the Sun.

I hope you have had a fab weekend.  I am going to my daughter's on Wednesday for a few days so lots of Granddaughter cuddles!  I am really looking forward to it.

Take care.  Christine xxx

20 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! Wow!! I love the background and the stamps you used!! It's so stunning!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Fliss said...

Oooh! Love this one Chris. The background is really stunning and the black stamping really does pop against it too. Gorgeous!
Thanks for another entry in our challenge and lovely to see more of your gorgeous cards there.
Fliss xx

ankitag612 said...

The beautiful background against black silhouette style stamping is so gorgeous. Very realistic and stunning design. Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

Mrs A. said...

Lovely background of muted colours . The reeds look fab against it. Enjoy your time with your Grandaughter. My daughter and grandson are coming to us this weekend so I will sneak a hug or two in.
Hugs Mrs A.

Anne said...

Nice to see you blogging a bit more often Chris. This is gorgeous, I love how you layered the stamps to create that lovely scene
Anne x

Viv said...

Lovely background and great stamping. Really nice summer field scene. Thank you for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

Marina said...

What a gorgeous and peaceful scene.

Redanne said...

Your card is gorgeous Chris, I love the beautiful background (reminds me of a dawn morning in the summer), the layered stamping looks fabulous.

I hope you have a lovely visit with your Daughter and I am sure you will get loads of Granddaughter cuddles... Hugs, Anne xxx

Mac Mable said...

Such a wonderful scene you've created. Gorgeous colours, love the generation stamping, which adds depth and the bling is fabulous....Enjoy your cuddles with your granddaughter x.

brenda said...

A very pretty Summery creation and great contract of colours, perfect for our 'In my Garden' theme at Stamping Sensations, many thanks for joining in. The Dragonflies are also just right for our 'Wings' theme at Penny Black and More, so pleased you joined us there as well.

B x

Linby said...

What a lovely peaceful scene you've created. Thanks so much for sharing with us at PB & More.
Lynn x
DT

Anita in France said...

What a lovely soft summery background, Chris ... with the darker silhouettes and shimmery dragonflies, it puts me in mind of an evening summer meadow! Enjoy your family time! Hugs, Anita :)

Darnell said...

Your smooched background is lush and lovely, Chris! It makes a perfect backdrop for the bulrushes and dragonflies! I love it!! As we speak, you are getting cuddles and that makes me smile!! Hugs, Darnell

Dora said...

What a great gardenscene. Beautiful.
Thank you for joining at stamping sensations this month.

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine, what a beautiful scene! Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Lost Coast Designs, and have a very happy weekend. Sue xx

Daniela said...

Pretty scene card! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More!
x Daniela (DT)

Gemma Hynes said...

Beautiful, thank you for joining the challenge on The Artistic Stampers blog.

Evelyn Walter said...

Wonderful card, Chris! It really feels like a summer evening in the garden.
Thank you for joining our challenge at Country View Crafts this month.
Have a wonderful summer!
Evelyn xx

Jester said...

It's gorgeous! The background is lovely and I really like those little dragonflies. Jx

Gibby Frogett said...

Love the stamps - what a beautiful card :)
Gill x