Thursday 3 January 2019

First Post For 2019!

Happy New Year!  I can hardly believe its 2019 already.  I hope it will be a fabulous one for everybody. 

My last post for 2018 was a unicorn card, you can see it here if you missed it, and I am starting 2019 with another unicorn card using the same fab unicorn die!  This card is for a 60th birthday.


The background is a piece of watercolour card that I had previously used to mop up ink left on my glass mat - I just can't waste any ink!  I cut it down to a little smaller than the black card base and die cut the stars into it using the main die from Sizzix Thinlets Swirling Stars by Tim Holtz.  I had several scraps of cream glitter card and one fitted nicely behind the star appertures.  I then cut a few of the larger  individual stars from the same set from more scraps of the glitter card and also the unicorn from Sizzix Intricate Unicorn in scraps of both the glitter and black card to give a shadow effect and to help it stand out from the background.  A little black pearl gives the unicorn its eye.  The number '60' is from a letter and number die set from The Works, again cut from scraps, and the Happy Birthday is stamped using the Label Maker Sentiments  clear stamp set from My Favorite Things.  The glitter card is so sparkly in real life, I wish you could see it!

I have used this unicorn die lots, both the positive and negative, I am sure I will be showing you more cards I make with it in the future - I just love it!  It comes with stars and butterflies too, a very versatile set. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Pixies Snippets Playground - Use snippets.
Cropstop - Anything Goes.

Thank you very much for visiting me and I hope you are having a fabulous week!
Take care.  Christine xxx

10 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the beautiful unicorn and the fabulous stars!! The background colors are amazing!! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful holiday season!! And I hope 2019 is a fabulous one for you!! Happy New Year!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anita in France said...

That dreamy smooshy watercolour and stars die cut into it make for a perfect background for that detailed unicorn, Chris ... positively magical! Bonne Année ... Happy New Year! Hugs, Anita :)

Darnell said...

Wowza, Chris, this is magical! You have managed to expertly capture the unicorn that lives in your head! I mean, right?! What great "happy place" imagery!! Happy New Year Hugs and Mwahs, Darnell

Redanne said...

I was going to say the same as Darnell, this really does look magical, the unicorn is so beautiful against that gorgeous mop up background. Love, love, love this Chris! Hugs, Anne xx

Jannet said...

Another Gorgeous Unicorn Card Chris! Wishing you a very happy and healthy 2019 xx

chrissie said...

The background colours are so beautiful and show off the unicorn and many stars. A really special card

Love Chrissie xx

Esther Asbury said...

What a lovely background for your die cut unicorn! Love the sparkles! Thanks for linking up to Cropstop!

Jester said...

What a lovely card to start the New Year - it's magical. The colours and stars are so pretty, not to mention the unicorn!
Wishing you all the best for 2019, Chris. Jx

Di said...

What a pretty card Chris - I do love the unicorn die set you've been using! Here's to a better year in 2019!

Love and hugs

Di xx

Mrs A. said...

Magical indeedy . Love the whole card. Happy Crafty New Year to you. Hugs Mrs A.