Thursday 19 November 2020

Oh Christmas Tree!

 Hello and thank you so much for visiting me!  I have a Christmas card today and it is the first one I have made this year.  The time has gone by so quickly  I can hardly believe its December next month.



I used a clear stamp set called O Christmas Tree by Creative Expressions.  I bought it in an online sale very cheaply recently and I love it!  It cried out for snippets of left over patterned paper and fussy cutting.  I stamped the trees and pots in Nocturne Versafine Clair on leftover pieces of patterned paper - the starry paper is Lily of the Valley - I treasure my pads of their paper and keep every snippet as they only do digital paper now.  The pots I am not sure which paper pad the snippets are from.  The tree stumps are stamped on snippets of white card and stamped with Distress Oxide - I think I used Frayed Burlap. When they were all stamped, I fussy cut them out and glued them onto a white panel then used my Misti to stamp the stars and sentiment in the correct places, I used Versafine Clair Glamorous. Everything is from the same stamp set. Then I got my quickie glue pen and glitter and added oodles of sparkle to the whole card - well it is a  Christmas card!  The panel was then added to a card base.  I was going to make a coloured card base but changed my mind and went with white.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Darnell's NBUS Challenge - Never Before Used Schtuff
Time Out Challenges - Quick - I can't believe how quickly December and Christmas have come around!

Thank you again for visiting me.

Take care and stay safe!  Hugs Christine xxx

12 comments:

sandie said...

Such a fab take on the challenge-Time does go by so quickly! I love these bright colours and super patterns. Thanks for joining Time Out x

Nonni said...

Great use of DP in this fab CAS card! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

dutchess said...

That’s a great card Chris....lockdown has been great for getting all my Christmas cards done and I have lots spare for the care home in the village....take care xxx

Mrs A. said...

Love the oodles of sparkle on your smashing trees.I have a few lotv pads of paper left which I am using sparingly too. Hope you ar3 both safe and well in these worrying times. Hugs Mrs A.

Mac Mable said...

All shimmery and very contemporary in it's style and I love it Christine x.

Anita in France said...

Cute, whimsical and so fun, Chris ... great choices for your pp! Hugs, Anita :)

Darnell said...

I love your pp Christmas trees, Chris! What a great way to use your snippets and, of course, I love all the schparkle you added! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep safe and well! Hugs, Darnell

Shona Chambers said...

I never think to stamp on patterned paper and then I see a clever card like this and it reminds me!! Love the CAS design and the paper you used couldn't be more festive. And the sparkly, glittery snow along the bottom is brilliant. I so feel you with regards to time flying this year. 2020 may have sucked but its still whizzed by with all its horribleness. I'm so very happy you shared this card with us at TIME OUT!

Di said...

What a lovely cards Chris - perfect paper piecing and a super way to use up snippets. Like you, I'm like a squirrel with my LOTV papers away and keep every single scrap!

Hugs

Di xx

Sue - said...

Love these trees and your paper piecing!bstay safe!

Liz McGuire, said...

Fresh and modern. Love it! Liz x

Kim Heggins said...

This is absolutely darling...just love your sweet trees. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Time Out!