Monday 21 December 2020

Advent Calendars!

Hello and thank you for visiting me!  It's not a card from me today - its advent calendars I made for my Granddaughters Freya and Millie.  Well, I said made I actually decorated the 25 drawer wooden units that I bought quite cheaply from The Works.



I left the actual units in the plain wood.  I sanded the finger holes just to make sure there were no sharp edges for little fingers to catch on then I primed with Gesso and painted with different colour acrylic paints.  Then I used a few ready made embellishments but mostly lots and lots of snippets of card and  paper die cut from all the smaller sized Christmas dies I have together with numbers and scalloped circles. I glued everything on with matt medium going over everything with matt medium to give it extra strength.  Then oodles of Stickles glitter glue was added to every drawer for lots of sparkle.  When everything was good and dry, I topped it all off with a coat of Glossy Mod Podge to seal and protect.  I want them to last year after year.  I filled the drawers with chocolates, gifts, large Christmas sequins and other bits and bobs all wrapped up in tissue paper.

I have to say, they are going down really well!

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Country View Challenges - Anything Christmas.
Christmas Crafts All Year Round -  Gifts or something to put gifts in.
Allsorts Challenge Blog - Sparkle and Shine.

Thank you again for visiting me.  Take care and stay safe! Hugs  - Christine xxx

9 comments:

Ellibelle said...

These are so cute!! My kids always get a chocolate Advent's calendar, wish I was more creative, think they'd enjoy one of these much more!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge where it's all about Sparkle and Shine!
Ellibelle's Corner

Kathleen said...

A really great idea and a super creation with lovely colours ane images. Thank you for joining our 'Sparkle and Shine' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

LesleyG said...

These are gorgeous Chris, and much more fun then the shop ones. I made some SU ones for family, and had fun filling them with puzzles and little things, they too are going down well. Take care xxx

Mac Mable said...

What fabulous creative advent calendars for your granddaughters.
They sure are keepers.
Love all the little dies, the fun papers and the sparkle.
Great attention to detail with rubbing down the little finger holes x.
Advent calendars clearly made with love and no surprise they are going down well x.
Sending hugs for Christmas x.

brenda said...

How lovely for your Granddaughters, sure they loved them, it's lovely to see you at Allsorts 'Sparkle and Shine' theme this week, many thanks for joining in.

Wishing you a peaceful Christmas and lets all pray 2021 is a safer one for everyone.

B x

Sue said...

Wow Christine these are gorgeous, your Grandchildren are going to love them! Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts and have a very happy Christmas, Sue xx

Redanne said...

Chris, they are fabulous! I can just imagine how delighted Freya and Millie must have been when they received these wonderful Advent calendars.

Wishing you a very Happy Christmas my friend. Hugs, Anne xx

Chrissy said...

WOW..looks awesome, fabulous project..
Thank you so much for sharing and joining in with us at CCAYR...[ Christmas Crafts All Year Round]

Luv CHRISSYxx

Evelyn Walter said...

What a beautiful gift! The calenders are gorgeous!
Thank you so much for joining in with our December challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a very happy new year! Evelyn xx