Friday 10 May 2013

Alpha Challenge 'A'

The dictionary letter for this fortnight's Alpha Challenge over at The Craft Barn is 'A' and I chose 'Abstract'.



I find my favourite way to achieve abstract is with Encaustic Art (painting with wax using an iron) so that is what I did.  The letters are cut out using Cuttlebug dies.  There isn't really much more to say about this page except that the colours are much more vibrant in real life and I have polished it so it really shines. I am quite disappointed at how it looks in the picture but I can't seem to get a better photo.  If you have time, please visit The Craft Barn and see the fabulous Design Team pages and the other wonderful entries.  Thank you so much for visiting and have a lovely weekend whatever you are doing.  Take care.  Christine xx

17 comments:

Elaine said...

Love your page - never tried encaustic art but this looks great ...and very abstract!!

Marleine said...


Hi Chris,

Love the vibrancy of the colours. The wax makes beautiful patterns.

Never tried this technique myself. ( I have allergy to irons!!).

Take care enjoy your week end.xx

Jester said...

It looks fabulous, Chris. I love your encaastic work. What size iron do you use?

Sue said...

This is stunning Chris!! love it huggles hun Sue xxx

Redanne said...

You really are a dab hand with the Encaustic iron! I love the background you created, it's wonderful. Hugs, Anne x

chrissie said...

Fantastic page. I have never ventured into this technique but you have made it a 'must try'

A great word to try.

Love Chrissie xx

May said...

Fabulous page Christine, The colours are AmAzing... I have never done Encaustic art before...it looks fantastic! Have a great weekend.. Hugs May x x x

Jacqui Chimes said...

Its really lovely

Anonymous said...

You really are a master at encaustic art, Chris, this is amazing ... reminds of fronds of multi coloured coral in a tropical ocean! Anita :)

Elizabeth said...

Hi Chris, I just love encaustic art ... not that I have ever tried doing it myself, but I do like watching others work their magic with the hot wax. Your page is beautiful. I must keep my open for those Cuttlebug letter dies.

When you have a moment, I'd be pleased if you would pop over to my blog where you will see something to your advantage :))

Elizabeth xx

carolfromkiwiland said...

A technique I have not used but know is quite fun and addictive.It looks beautiful.Great job.

Laura said...

Very cool! Lovely page :)

Scrapmate said...

A lovely page. A great idea to use wax.

Sylvia said...

Fabulous page, love the use of the wax.

Sylv xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How cool, that's a gorgeous page, fantastic background.

Diane said...

Very fun I have not tried and abstract with Encaustic Art but it looks great.

Regards diane

Anonymous said...

Beautiful !
Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
Izzy