Tuesday 7 May 2013

Clean and Simple

Over at Artful Times the theme is Clean and Simple.


This was the first card I thought of.  The flowers are from an Inky Doodles set and the words are Sheena Douglass.  The colouring is with Promarkers and the word 'hello' in the background is embossed with white detail embossing powder using Versemark ink   I didn't have the correct red card to match so I coloured the edges of some white card with a matching Promarker for the mat and coloured white Card Candi in the same way.  I wondered if this was too fussy so I did a simpler version too.

 

I hope it is ok to enter two cards!The purple hearts are glazed with Glossy Accents.   Please pop over to Artful Times and see Von and Neet's fabulous work along with all the other brilliant entries.  Ooh I just have to tell you, my Daughter Sarah is expecting her first baby!  It is due on 1st November and I am so excited about becoming a Grandma!!  As many people have pointed out, I will be Granny Smith!  Its lucky I love that particular apple isn't it?  Thank you so much for visiting me. Your comments are much appreciated.  Take care xx

14 comments:

Redanne said...

First of all, congratulations on your soon to be a Grandma status!

Love both your cards, love the colours on the first and the simplicity of the second. I so wish I could do CAS cards..... Hugs, Anne x

Sue said...

Oooo love those stamps Christine and the cards are gorgeous and wow congrats on the news about the baby..omg my eldest grandson is 19 this year its flown by but its the most amazing feeling being a grandma huggles hun Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Oh BIG BIG BIG congratulations Chris, this is the most wonderful thing in the world I can guarantee you! Ooooh I'm so excited for you! Oh yes the reason I am here..... your cards are fabulous you have nailed CAS! Love them both Granny Smith lol! Susan xx

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Granny to be, what exciting news! Both these cards are wonderful, Chris ... such amazing, detailed colouring ... I particularly love the second with all that luscious lavender! Anita :)

Von said...

Both cards are delightful Chris :)
What wonderful news for you :)
Von ♥

Neet said...

Two beautiful cards (of course it is ok to do two) - I love those flowers and think I have them myself - or something similar - but never even opened. Changing that now I have seen your lovely work. Thanks for joining us at Artful Times.

I was a Smith before being married (I think I have mentioned this before) so my mum was Granny Smith like you will be - so my son used to call her "Granny Apple". Congratulations on your soon to be change of status. You must post photos etc when the baby arrives.

Hugs, Neet xx

Darnell said...

Oh, Christine, I'm pickled tink for you!! Being a grandma is the best thing EVER!! Granny Smith - that's a hoot!!

Your cards are both CASliciious and going in my faves!! Well done!

Marleine said...


Hi Chris,

Love both cards. Colours look fab.

So pleased for you, Granny Smith. Xx

Ann said...

Congratulations :D
I just adore both of your cards, so bright & pretty colours. Hugs Ann-R xx

Jester said...

They are both clean, simple and beautiful. Fab work! Jx

Heathers Inspiration said...

Such Beautiful cards, love them x

May said...

Gorgeous cards Christine..Love those stamps.. simply perfect!! Congratulations to you on soon to be Grandmother...Wonderful happy news... Hugs May x x x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Chris just love these cards . so much fun well done and love the alpha challenge below too, Shaz in oz.x

Unknown said...

I love the top card, I have a similar stamp - thanks for the inspiration. XX