Monday 9 February 2015

Hexagon Background



The background stamp is an awesome one by Hero Arts called Hexagon Background.  I stamped it on red card with black Versafine and embossed with clear powder.  When I stamped it, I took the card to the inked stamp and rubbed my hand over it to transfer the ink - its much easier with a stamp of this size.  I made the little banner using a stamp from a set by Inkydoodles, edged everything with a black Promarker and matted on a black card. The banner would have looked better raised but I left it flat for posting.  Its a mega simple card but perfect for a 'man' card.  I am going to use this fab stamp lots more - I just love it!

I would like to enter this into the Artful Times Challenge which is 'Men' this time.  Please hop over to this blog if you have the time, its fab!

Thank you so much for visiting - I really appreciate it!  Take care.  Christine xxx

9 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Thank You for this very pretty card Christine!
Greetings from Chi-Town~

Anita in France said...

So striking, Chris ... the black embossing is really bold and crisp ... and the playful font in the sentiment is fabulous with it! Anita :)

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Chris what a fab card for a male. I love your stamp and you have done well to get it all stamped so perfectly with it being so large! I tend to have a little gap in the ink on big ones but I shall try your tip of putting the paper over the stamp! Susan x

Redanne said...

You are so right Chris, this is perfect for a man card, I love those hexagons - what a great stamp - and a fantastic card! Hugs, Anne xx

Julia said...

A very nice geometric pattern card, always a good choice to use geometric patterns for men.

Unknown said...

It is really lovely, perfect in its simplicity and to be fair it doesnt need anything else because its such a striking pattern. Love it! x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is a neat card. I think if I stare at the hexagons too long it will hypnotize me.

Jester said...

It may be simple to make, Chris, but it is very effective and a perfect card for a man. Brilliant!

Scrapmate said...

That is a great stamp and I love the way you have let it shine on this card.