Over at Butterfly Challenge the theme this time is to use ribbon. I am guilty of having so much ribbon that I don't often think to use so this was a perfect challenge to use some of my stash.
I used the negative left from using my large Sizzix die and adhered various pieces of ribbon behind the aperture. The little fairies and the sentiment were stamped with black Archival ink and I embossed the sentiment and added some glimmer mist for sparkle. I attached some acetate to the image with brads to protect the ribbon and I was going to leave it at that but I had a glue mishap! I ended up with glue all over the acetate which I couldn't remove! I had already done all the layering so couldn't undo the brads as they were stuck fast with dimensional tape and extra glue so I had to cut the acetate off and add some more by cutting the corners off and covering them up with the flowers. Luckily my cropodile made just the right sized hole for the brads to poke through for the centres of the flowers and I like the look! Disaster averted!
The colours look brighter in real life and the sparkly ribbon really sparkles!
Please pop over to Butterfly Challenge there is lots of butterfly fabulousness to see!
Thank you so much for visiting me - I love it when you do! Also welcome to my new followers - when I started out I only thought I would get half a dozen and now I am up to 78 which is awesome - Thank you!
Take care and have a wonderful day/evening depending where you are! Bye for now. Christine xxx