Thursday 7 December 2017

Green Bauble Card!

Hello and welcome to my blog!  Thank you so much for visiting me - I really appreciate it!  I was panicking a bit as I needed to make some quick Christmas cards to make up the number I needed and its not long till I have to post them!  I remembered a card I saw on the Fiskarettes UK Facebook Page, and I came up with this much simpler version which was perfect for what I needed!



I started off with a piece of Sheena stamping card and a couple of shades of green Brushos and gold Pixie powder.  I sprinkled the powders over the card then sprayed with quite a lot of water and picked the piece up and moved it around till it looked how I wanted.  It was very bright and very wet so I laid another piece of card on top, pressed down, which gave me two green and gold A4 pieces and I let them dry naturally.  The gold really glimmers but I am not sure how well you will be able to see in the photo.  I  punched out loads of circles with a circle punch then die cut lots of red bows from Stamplorations die set Gift Builder #2 - it cuts like a dream!  I drew the 'string' with a sparkly gold pen then glued the circle and die cut ribbon to the card base.  I am not sure what size the card base is, I have had them for ages!  I got them from QVC years ago and haven't used then - I still have lots!  They are smaller than DL.  I used my Misti to stamp the sentiment, I can't remember the set it came from.  I didn't add anything extra to embellish as I needed these to be as quick and clean and simple as they could be.  I love how they turned out though!  I did over twenty in this colourway and four in purple and silver but I haven't taken a photo of one of those yet.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

That's Crafty - Green With Envy.

CutPlorations - Photo Inspiration - I used the red and green tree ornaments for inspirations.




Stamplorations CAS Challange - Anything CAS with the optional colour twist of Gold.



Country View Challenges - Christmas with the option of Red, Green and Rust.

Time Out Challenges - Photo Inspiration - I took inspiration from the hanging red and green stockings.



Thank you again for visiting and I hope you are having a fabulous week!  Take care! Christine xxx

18 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Fabulous CAS card Chris, I love DL's.. Thank you for sharing & good luck on getting your last few card finished and posted on time (I still have a few to make myself!!) Best wishes Tracey DT

SmilynStef said...

Love the bits of gold in your gorgeous green ... so very glad you joined our CAS Challenge at STAMPlorations.

scrappymo! said...

This is a lovely inky Christmas bauble card. I love the colours you obtained here. I enlarged it to enjoy the depth of the colour!
I too have to batch bake so to speak, but had two more crowns done today. Five hours in the dentist chair was about 4 hours too long if you ask me!

Natch baking starts tomorrow...

dutchess said...

Great card Chris...lovely and clean looking ...love it xxx

sandie said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on our blog. Your ornament looks fab and the gold shimmer works perfectly. Great CAS card and thanks for joining Time Out

Jo said...

Love the clean & simple look Chris, brilliant card x

Fliss said...

A very elegant and classy card Chris and the simplicity is fabulous.
Thanks for sharing it with us at That's Crafty! challenge and wishing you lots of luck.
Fliss xx

Redanne said...

I do so admire anyone who can do CAS well, and you, my friend, have done it very well indeed!! Love your card, the green/gold is a fabulous combo and I love the red bow - just perfect! Hugs, Anne xx

Anne said...

Fab card, I've been looking for some inspiration for cards I can do that are not too fussy. I'm behind yet again but have resolved not to go and buy cards so need to get a move on!
Anne x

Anita in France said...

The shimmer of gold with the green on your ornament is fabulous, Chris ... so eyecatching and festive with the red bow and sentiment! So happy to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Jester said...

Simple, yet splendid!

maria f. said...

What a great CAS Christmas card. I love that bow and how you've used it. Thanks so much for joining with us this month at CUTplorations!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

This is so lovely!! Thanks so much for playing with us in this month's CUTplorations challenge!

Jill V said...

I love how you have used the Brushos to create such a wonderful focal point for your card - and I am sure that the gold just shimmers in real life! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

Pink Unicorn said...

We've all been there with the last minute panic cards- what a great design for mass production. Loving the red and green colour scheme but I bet the purple ones are gorgeous too!
Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

Jenny Colacicco said...

Super CAS - love it!! Merry Christmas and thank you for joining us at Time Out Challenges Jenny x

rachel said...

Gorgeous card Chris! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges! Hugs rachel xx

Helen Gullett said...

What a beautiful CAS Christmas card. I love the bulb and red bow.
Thank you for playing along with CUTplorations December Challenge. Hope you can play again with our January Challenge!