Monday 11 December 2017

Twinkling Snowflakes!

Hello!  Thank you so much for visiting me, I really appreciate it!  Not long to go now till Christmas - Yay!  I have two more cards to make and have posted the ones to go abroad.  Still have to write all the others though.  This Christmas card is for my Brother and Sister in Law - they gave me a voucher for my birthday and I used part of it to buy the Twinkle Die and Stamp set I used on it.  I haven't  posted it to them yet but I am pretty sure they don't look at my blog!



I used a Brusho Background that I already had.  The silver is a Pixie Powder I had used alongside the Brushos.  The snowflakes are cut from snippets of a thick white paper which has a sheen to it using Tim Holtz Sizzix Mini Snowflake dies.  Twinkle is cut from a Sheena Douglass die and the stamp I used for the sentiment is from a coordinating Sheena stamp set.  I stamped it on a snippet of the Brusho background that I had left over, with Versamark and embossed with white detail powder - cut apart and edged with a purple Promarker.  The snowflakes are dotted with lots of glitter - as are the stamped and die cut sentiments. The glitter really twinkles but you can't see it too well in the photo.  I have also dotted some white blizzard Nuvo drops in the background.  I love the Twinkle die and think it will go perfectly with my fairy stamps too!

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Cuttlebug Mania - Let it Snow - Must use a manual die cutting machine - I used my Sizzix Big Shot.
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Use Snippets.
That's Crafty - Tis The Season.
Bizzy Becs - Anything Goes.
Try It On A Tuesday - Twinkle Twinkle.

Thank you again for visiting me!  Have a wonderful week, stay warm and safe if you have snow.  Here in Bournemouth we have no snow but it is very cold, although we do get it much milder here in the south than elsewhere.  I would like some snow though!

Take care!  Christine xxx

18 comments:

LesleyG said...

Fabulous card, love the brushOs background , all the pretty snowflakes and the sentiment and the way you chopped it up. It definitely would work fab with fairies too. Keep warm xxx

Carol said...

I love you card Chris, nice colour blue. Very cheery. Thank you for your encouragement you so often give. Have a Wonderful Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Safe 2018. Crafty Hugs, Carol x

Jester said...

You are so organised, Chris!
Such a lovely card, and just like our weather at the moment ... bbbrrrhhh Hope you are managing to stay warm. Jx

Di said...

Oh Chris - what a beautiful card! Wonderful background and the stamps/dies are wonderful. This card is sure to delight!

Hugs

Di xx

Redanne said...

I wish I could send you some of our snow Chris! I would have preferred it on Christmas day, but it seems unlikely. Your card is gorgeous, I do love blue and white at Christmas, the background really makes those beautiful snowflakes stand out and I love the sentiment too! Hugs, Anne xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Love this card! All those wonderful snowflakes and that TWINKLE is so much fun. Thanks for sharing this wonderful winter project!

froebelsternchen said...

What a fabulous card! WOW! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!

Meggymay said...

This is a wonderful card, a super design, Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
Yvonne

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A beautiful flurry of snowflakes Chris, I can just imagine the sparkle it gives in real life!! Thank you for joining the Tis the Season Blog Challenge and sharing your seasonal make with us all.
Best Wishes Tracey DT

Lula said...

Thanks bunches for sharing your beautiful card with us at Try it on Tuesday this time. It is beautiful Chris!

Anne said...

Love the snowy card you've made Chris, the brushos make a perfect background
Anne x

Fliss said...

A really fabulous snowy creation Chris and love the background for those pretty snowflakes. I'd love to see the actual glitter too.
Thanks for joining in our challenge at That's Crafty! and wishing you lots of luck.
Fliss xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous project, thanks so much for joining us at TIOT, hugs, Valerie

Rosie said...

Your card is fabulous


Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

Have a wonderful weekend

Anita in France said...

Shimmery, twinkly and downright magical, Chris ... gorgeous! Hope you're staying warm! Hugs, Anita :)

Liz McGuire, said...

Great card, the background is so cool, love it!

Hope you have a lovely Christmas and all the best in 2018, Liz x

Leanne said...

A lovely wintery Christmas card Chris. Thanks for joining in this month's challenge at Bizzy Bec's. Merry Christmas...Leanne

Connie said...

Pretty Card! You're such a talented girl:)
Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas!
Your blogging sister,
Connie :)