Thursday 15 August 2019

Sunset Wood!

Hello and thank you for visiting me!  Last week was our 15th anniversary and here is the card I made for my husband:


I started by making a black card blank that measures just over 5 inches square and cut into the front using the fabulous Clarity Treescape Aperture Die.  I then used snippets of black card to cut the little bunnies from the Baby Bunnies die set by Memory Box and the heart from Spellbinders Flutter Love.  The sunset background is made using a scrap of watercolour card which I inked with various Distress Inks then splattered with water for texture.  I glued the bunnies where I wanted them then glued the inked panel to the back of the aperture covering the watercolour card with black card on the reverse so it looks neat inside. I chose not to put a sentiment on the front as I didn't want to distract from the picture.  My photo looks a little washed out, the card is very black and the background is very vibrant, I couldn't seem to get it any better, I think I need photography lessons!  Sometimes it looks better on my tablet but when I am typing on my computer, it looks dull so I am hoping it looks better for you!

I would like to enter this into Di's fabulous Pixies Snippets Playground.

Thanks again for visiting me and I hope you are having a fabulous week!

Take care. Christine xxx




17 comments:

dutchess said...

Gorgeous card Chris...love your background it’s so atmospheric xxx

Redanne said...

Oh wow Chris, this card is fabulous, the inky coloured background is beautifully vibrant and just the perfect background for the surrounding black trees. Gorgeous! Happy Anniversary to you both. Hugs, Anne xx

Jester said...

It looks vibrant to me, so would love to see it in real life!. It's a beuatiful card, Chris. The silhouette against your background is stunning. Happy Anniversary! Jx

Mrs A. said...

Love that beautiful background. Happy anniversary. It was ours last week too. Hugs Mrs A.

Scrapmate said...

I love the background and the silhouette effect on this card. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Congratulations on your anniversary and I love your pic - well done on persevering with 'going grey' - it looks fab.

Jannet said...

Stunning ! Xx

Di said...

Beautiful card Chris - I LOVE your background (I cheated with that die and used some Clarity background paper) - and adding the bunnies as well - genius!

Belated Anniversary wishes!

Hugs

Di xx

Anita in France said...

Such a vibrant, dramatic and fabulous scene, Chris ... the colours really pop on my screen ... no washing out here! Those sweet bunnies are a perfect addition ... belated happy anniversary! Hugs, Anita :)

Liz McGuire, said...

Love this card, beautiful background, Liz x

Darnell said...

It's very dramatic on my monitor, Chris, but still I can imagine how much darker and more vibrant it is in person. It's not you, it's the cameras or computers. I love how you put the two little love bunnies down in the corner so they didn't detract from that gorgeous scene, but they still speak of the love in your Anniversary card to Darren. Hope things are better! Hugs, Darnell

Mac Mable said...

What a stunning card for your husband. The background is so vibrant and beautifully blended. The black die cut and aperture look amazing....Loving this one x.

Karen Dunbrook said...

how gorgeous..love the colour.
x Karen

Anne said...

I thought I'd commented on this lovely card Chris so you may have 2 from me! It's gorgeous, love the silhouette against that gorgeous background, hope you enjoyed your anniversary
Anne x

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

WOW wonderful card, I love autumn and his beautiful colors and atmosphere.
Hgs Anja

Sue said...

This is so lovely Christine, the vibrant card looks amazing against the black background of the tress and card frame. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Wonderful card, love it!
Anja

Mac Mable said...

Just popping in to say Hi....Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a kind comment x