Friday 8 November 2019

Freya's 6th Birthday Card!

Hello!  So sorry I have been away for so long!  Sometimes things get in the way of my Blogging and I miss you all lots.  I have managed a little crafting and this is one of the cards I made.  Its my eldest Granddaughter Freya's 6th birthday card - it was her birthday last month. The inspiration for this card is from a YouTube video by the fabulous Tracey from Lavinia Stamps, and all the stamps I used are Lavinia stamps.
.



The background is made with a 6 inch Gelli plate, Distress Inks and Brushos.  I brayered Distress Ink onto the Gelli Plate then, using a fan brush, I splashed watered down Brushos onto it then pulled a print.  I saw Tracey at Lavinia doing this technique and its just brilliant!  The leaves and flowers are stamped with Chianti and Glamorous Versafine Clair and the beautiful Zamira is stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne.  The number and letters are cut with dies from snippets of card inked with the Versafine Glamorous and the little banner is a Sizzix die cut from a Snippet of white card inked with similar colours to the Gelli print.  The butterflies are from another Sizzix die and cut from more snippets, this time black.  To achieve the moon, I cut a circle mask from acetate then inked around the edge with the Chianti ink then edged it with a sparkle pen then added the same sparkle pen to Zamira's hair and dangles on her dress.  To add more sparkle, I dotted liquid pearls randomly over the circle and topped with glitter.  When dry, I adhered to a black 7 x 7 inch card base.  In real life there is lots of sparkle.

I posted this to Freya in plenty of time for her birthday and it arrived 8 days late!  I was not happy!  Luckily Freya didn't mind at all and loved the card.  I was staying with my daughter Sarah when Amanda Branston was demonstrating (brilliantly) for Lavinia on Hochanda.  Freya had been watching the show with me and had seen Zamira being demonstrated.  She loved the stamp which is why I bought it.  Apparently the first thing she said when she received the card was 'Ooh Grandma bought it!'  Good decision me thinks!

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Pixies Snippets Playground - use Snippets.

Country View Challenges - Hand Stamped.

Thank you again for visiting me - I really appreciate it especially as I have been away for so long!

Have a fabulous weekend - Take care. Christine xxx




14 comments:

dutchess said...

Beautiful card CHRIS...I have just returned from stamperama at HARROGATE where I bought myself a gel plate so I will be using this technique soon....take care xxx

Di said...

What a gorgeous card Chris! Love the softness and no wonder Freya (such a pretty name) loves it.I never mind a card getting to me late - it prolongs the celebrations!

Delighted you came to play - miss you when you're not here. Told you, the Playground is totally real didn't I@ Right now it's awash - Dudley will only go out wearing a life jacket.

Hugs

Di xx

Mrs A. said...

Super card. Any card you make comes straight up on my radar for visiting. Love this card with all the Lavinia stamps on it. Must admit to having a dragon stamp fall in my basket along with a couple of others. Just can’t resist them. Hugs Mrs A.

Redanne said...

So lovely to see you back Chris, you have been missed! Freya's card is stunning, no wonder she loved it. My dear friend Jo is on the DT for Lavinia and I have a newfound love for these stamps, you have used them so beautifully in this card - it is gorgeous!! Hugs, Anne xxx

Mac Mable said...

A stunning card, made with love for Freya....no wonder she loved it. The design is fabulous, the stamping and the colours are amazing. One very special card x. Yes life got in the way of crafting for me too recently x. Good to see you back x

Darnell said...

Great to see you, Chris! Your card for Freya really defies my vocabulary! I think it is magical and I'm sure that's how she sees it! How wonderful that you shared that connection about the stamp! You might have a prodigy on your hands!! Hugs, Darnell

Jannet said...

Such a stunning card Chris, it is easy to see why your granddaughter loves it! Wonderfully coloured and very magical! Such a clever idea to have the lady holding the number 6. Hope to see more creations from you again soon .Take care xx

Anita in France said...

Good to see you, Chris ... I definitely understand being absent from blogland ... me too recently! Your card for Freya is wonderful ... there's such a wonderful softness about it ... and a delicious touch of magic ... so perfect for a six year old! Hugs, Anita :)

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A fabulous card Chris. This is one of my favourite Lavinia stamps, although I don't own it....yet! I love the way it looks like she's holding the number six. Great colouring and composition too. I'm not surprised that you weren't happy at the card arriving 8 days late. The mail is getting worse and all of our 5pm collections have now been changed to just one collection at 9am, so you have to think ahead and post card a day earlier now or they just won't get there in time, or eight days earlier in your case. A worse service but no reduction in stamps costs!!! Okay, rant over as my blood pressure is rising lol, it's a great card Chris x

Neet said...

Such a beautiful card, no wonder Freya did not mind it being late when she got it. Annoying though for you!
I love the colours you have used to build up that gorgeous background and am in awe of your stamping in a circle - very clever.
That is a really lovely idea that you have used the circle with the number 6 and the figure pointing to it. A delightful card.
Hugs, Neet xx
ps hope all is well, pass my regards to hubby xx

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Such a beautiful birthday card!
Hugs Anja xx

junemac2 said...

Now thats what i call a card ! fabulously done,and love the background. I am sure Freya was delighted with this one.

Hugs June x

Jester said...

It's beautiful, Chris. I hadn't thought of using Distress Inks and Brushos on my Gelli Plate - will have to try it. A great effect! Jx

rachel said...

Stunning - love how you have done this! Thanks for joining us at countryview challenges! Hugs rachel xx