Friday 22 May 2020

Twofer Card Challenge 27

Hello and thank you for stopping by my blog.  Its nearly a month since I last posted and that was the last Twofer Challenge.  So here I am with Darnell's fabulous May Twofer Challenge which this time is Flowers. 

Here are my two cards - the stamped images used on both are three quirky flowers from Aall & Create stamp set Thankful Petals designed by the fabulous Tracy Evans.  I used them traditionally as flowers on the right hand card and changed them into rocks on the left hand card to make a nice pile high enough for Lavinia Stamps Pipin to sit upon and gaze into the sky.





For the first one I stamped the flowers on a piece of yellow card in  Nocturne , Versafine Clair
then stamped just the flower heads again on snippets of patterned paper, cut out and adhered to the stamped heads.  The foliage is from a Hobby Art set and is stamped in black and green ink using 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation ink for depth.  The butterflies are cut from a snippet of same patterned paper using a Sizzix die, glued on then I added some glitter for sparkle and adhered panel to a black card base.  The sentiment is from another Tracy Evans stamp set and I stamped it on calico.


I made an inky background for this one using Distress Oxides.  I stamped the flower heads only on top of one another in coffee Archival ink then coloured in with Phill Martin watercolour pens.  Pippin the hare by Lavinia Stamps is stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne and the foliage, which is also Lavinia Stamps, was stamped in Versafine Clair Monarch.  I inked around a mask to create the spotlight/moon and added glitter for sparkle.  The sentiment is a Sizzix die and the card base is purple.

I would also like to enter the fabulous Di's Pixies Snippets Playground  - I have used lots of Snippets on the first card and the word 'hello' on the second.

Thank you again for visiting me.  I hope you are keeping well and staying safe in these very strange times.  Take care! Christine xxx

8 comments:

Jannet said...

Hi Chris, I hope you are staying safe and well during this horrible time. Beautiful cards,
I love those flowers, what a clever way to use them! Take care xx

dutchess said...

Hi Chris....tw0 fabulous cards,my you have had fun with your inky backgrounds....they are just perfect for your stamped images....
Hope you are keeping well take care xxxx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Chris, beautiful cards, and what clever use of the flowers as rocks, inspired . Hugs 😘😘😘

Darnell said...

Oh, my, Chris! I wish you felt your mojo more often because it's a shame we don't get to see your artistry and creativity more often! Both of your designs are inked and schplattered and schparkled so well with these wonderful quirky flowers. I love the coloring, the moon, and the great job you did using pp and snippets! And your idea to use the flowers as boulders for Pipin is simply genius!! Thank you very much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #27! Take care and keep safe as the world starts to open! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

Those quirky, funky flowers are fabulous in your grassy summer meadow, Chris ... colourful and so fun! What a clever idea to turn them into a rock formation for your Pippin scene ... that little hare (or bunny!) looks so dreamy and magical! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

Mac Mable said...

I love those quirky flowers and what a fabulous 'flower garden' you've made from them. Your second card is creative and atmospheric and so very unique x.So glad to see you blogging your wonderful cards and hope you are staying safe and well? All good our end with great neighbours to help out x.

Kara Lynne said...

I love those quirky flowers and how they look together in a field! I am amazed by your wonderful scene with the flowers as rocks for a perfect silhouette in the moonlight! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Di said...

Two lovely cards Chris! How very clever to make a pile of rocks for your moon gazing here. Such a perfect scene.

Hugs

Di xx