Monday 1 June 2020

1st Birthday Card

Hello and thank you so much for visiting.  My card today is one I made for a little boy across the road who was one year old on Saturday.  His Mum and Dad have been so kind to us during this Covid 19 nightmare. Picking up our prescriptions and odd bits of shopping and surprising us with lovely cakes and treats and last weekend a yummy steak pie!  All homemade!  People are just so kind.



I stamped the gorgeous image from a fab stamp set by Clearly Besotted called Balloon Bunch Buddies.  The set contains the balloon and lots of different cuties to float on it and some little sentiments too.  I embossed the image in clear powder then watercoloured the background using Distress Oxides and water.  The image is coloured using Promarkers with a little white Posca Pen on the balloon with a die cut number 1.  The sentiment is from a Stamplorations clear set Party Time and I added 2 colours of little die cut stars using a die from Mama Elephant.  The main and yellow panels are cut with a Stamplorations die set but I can't remember what it is called. 

I would like to enter the following challenges.

Time Out Challenges - Free - I think I would feel very free floating from a balloon!
Pixie's Snippets Playground - I used snippets for my sentiment, number and stars.
Darnell's NBUS Challenge - My Never Before Used Schtuff is the stamp set I used for my main image.

Thank you again for visiting me.  I hope you are all coping ok with everything that is going on in these strange times.  Take care and stay safe!  Christine xxx

15 comments:

sandie said...

Thank you for leaving such a lovely comment on our blog we really appreciate it. I love this sweet card, super background and the image is adorable-he sure is free falling! It looks great with the bright and sunny yellow frames. How lovely your neighbours are helping you and making pies! My hubby is the one doing all the hard work here for me-picking up meds and doing all the cooking and shopping. We are lucky to have these people around us. You take care of yourself and we love seeing you at Time Out x

Mac Mable said...

I am so lucky to have a thoughtful and kind neighbour, just like yours Christine ....aren't we lucky and blessed? Extra special too with the homemade cakes and steak pie x.
What an adorable card and the floating little elephant sure looks like he is enjoying himself x. The watercolouring looks so pretty and love the vibrant yellow.....bet his Mum and Dad loved it? x Take care x.

dutchess said...

Lovely card Chris I am sure your neighbours really appreciated it...this pandemic has certainly brought out kindness in people....take care xxxx

Redanne said...

Amongst all the sadness there have been some shining lights, we too have lovely helpful neighbours who we didn't even know before the pandemic, other than to wave hello. I hope this kindness sticks for all of us.

Your card is beautiful, I just love the little elephant image, it is adorable.

Keep safe and well my friend. Hugs, Anne xxx

Gerrina said...

Such a great background and what a great way to show free! That elefant and I think the birthday boy are realy free! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Jannet said...

I love the little elephant he is super cute, surrounded by all those magical stars. I am sure the little boy just loved it. Wonderful you have such kind, thoughtful neighbours, they sound the total opposite to ours. Please continue to stay safe xx

Mrs A. said...

This is super cute. Our neighbours have been very good. One gets a paper fir us each weekend and another always puts a note through our door when she is doing a shop and asks if we need anything at the same time.. hope. Ousted safe and well. Hugs Mrs A.

Joyce said...

This is such an adorable card, and perfect for a little boy. It will be such a wonderful keepsake for him. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Di said...

What a sweet card Chris. And how lovely of your neighbours. Some of ours have asked us to shout if we need anything but so far we've coped by using online grocery deliveries and there are groups of volunteers where we live who will collect prescriptions. This virus certainly has brought out the best in many people. Sadly it's brought out the worst in some who are making a fast buck - they ught to be ashamed.

Rant over!

Hugs

Di xx

Darnell said...

I love your starry sky on this fun and super cute card, Chris! It's perfectly suited for a little one and sounds like a terrific set to own! Your neighbors sound like angels on earth and I'm very relieved to hear you have them to help you guys out! Take care! Hugs, Darnell

Darnell said...

Oops, forgot to thank you for sharing at NBUS! xxoo

Anita in France said...

Such a cute little elephant, Chris ... and a fun balloon set amid all those stars! Hugs, Anita :)

Inkyfingers said...

I so agree that this pandemic has brought out so much kindness in people and it sounds as if your neighbours are lovely!
Your birthday card is so sweet and I just adore that little elephant hanging from the balloon. I love the watercolour background too.
Hugs
Carol x

Karen Dunbrook said...

so adorable...love it.
xx Karen

Sarn said...

Fantastic card for a littlun.
Lovely to hear you have good neighbours who have surprised you with a few treats as well as doing practical things for you.

Hugs, Sarn xxx