Friday 2 October 2020

Who's For A Cocktail?

Hello and thank you so much for visiting me! I think at the moment we could all do with a little tipple the way things are going with the virus!  Here is a card I made for a friend's 60th birthday earlier in the year.




I began by making the background by blending Distress Oxides and added a bit of stamping too.  The glasses and contents were all cut with snippets of white card from a die set by Sue Wilson.  The '60' is from a die set from The Works and I cannot remember the make of the Cheers die.  I embossed my inked 'drinks' with a folder called Waterfall by Couture Creations and added Stickles glitter glue for sparkle.  I think the effect looks like bubbles.  

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Everything except the base card and large panel are snippets.
Darnell's NBUS - Never Before Used Schtuff - mine is the cocktail die set.
Time Out Challenges - Inspired by words.

I am very behind with commenting on your lovely blogs again, I am so sorry!  I am pretty slow at most things - I haven't made one Christmas card yet and I am decorating wooden advent calendars for my two Granddaughters - you guessed it, I haven't started those either!  I need the energy or a normal person instead of an ME/CFS sufferer!  Sorry. I shouldn't moan!  

Anyway, I am loving the darker evenings, they are so cosy!  I am a real autumn/winter/lover.  Curled up on the sofa, under a blanket watching tv with a cuppa - lovely!  I know how to party!

Thank you again for visiting me.  Take care and stay safe.  Hugs Christine xxx 

11 comments:

dutchess said...

Oh yes we sure need a cheer up...mine is a Sherry each evening....
Love the card and your super background.....take care xxxx

sandie said...

Christine I am glad you got to craft and I hope today is a better day for you and you have more energy-I know how it feels. Now this is a beauty, the colours are blended to perfection and are so warm-perfect for this time of year. I adore the glasses especially the stickles-spotted them straight away! Thanks for joining Time Out x

Di said...

What a great card Chris! I love the colours and your 'bubbles' are so clever! Bet your friend loved it! Like you, I like cosy evenings as well.

Dudley looked at me as if I was crazy when I set off yodelling! I had to do it again on Thrusday when we took him to be groomed etc. - this time he joined in - so that idea ain't working any more! Little scamp.

Hugs

Di xx

Redanne said...

Ha, ha Chris, your partying sounds much the same as mine! I have not started Christmas cards yet either but then I tend not to until Halloween is out of the way - well, that's my excuse and I am sticking to it - lol.

Your card is gorgeous, makes me wish I could drink a cocktail and I just adore those warm colours. Hugs, Anne xxx

Darnell said...

Slurp! Oh, look at that, Chris! Of course, I would manage to spill some on my bazooms! I knew I should have chosen the one with a straw, since I hate to waste a drop of your colorful frosty and bubbly tipple!! I adore the design, the way you made it look like bubbles with the texture and Stickles, and your awesome ombre blending! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep safe, snuggled, and cozy, my friend, and I hope you feel more energy soon. Hugs, Darnell xoxo

Mac Mable said...

What a striking card, with fabulous blending and loving those glasses full of something fun x. Enjoy your cosy evenings x.

Anita in France said...

What gorgeous, warm colours, Chris ... those bubbly drinks look yummy ... great idea to use the stickles to shimmer them up ... so fun! Hugs, Anita :)

Scrapmate said...

That's a fabulous ombré effect in the background - love the colours. I bought the Sizzix cocktails set recently - I think with all that's going on we're all in need of some alcohol!

Sue - said...

What a great card Chris, lovely colours!

Quillish said...

What a fantastic card. Love the colors you chose for the fun cards. Your friend will love it for sure. And you talk of being late, you atleast have a reason.. I blame everything on Corona! Hope you are keeping well. Thank you for joining us at Time out challenges. Hugs ~ Ishani.

Annie said...

This is a fabulous card Chris and all the shimmer in the glasses. A real treasure for your freinds celebration xx Thabk You for dropping by earlier and leaving me such a lovely comment x

Have a lovely weekend
Annie xx