Thursday 15 April 2021

Butterfly!

Hello!  This is my first post for over a month - I am not doing too well at keeping up.  Thank you so much for visiting me!  My card today is featuring a gorgeous image from a wonderfui stamp set by Tracy Evans for Aall and Create called 'Through the Meadows'.  



It is the first time I have used this set and I will be using it much more I am sure - it has three lovely large images and sentiments included in the fabulous A4 set.  I stamped the image in nocturne Versafine Clair then embossed with clear powder.  I watercoloured most of the circles using pink and blue Distress Oxides in a couple of shades each for depth then went round the edges of the circles with a blue watercolour pencil and water for shading.  I added some white Posca pen to each circle too.  The butterfly was stamped and embossed two extra times on snippets of white card and fussy cut out and  both were glued on the original butterfly with Pinflair Glue Gel for dimension.   You can see the layers below.


 The word 'butterfly' is also on the stamp set and I stamped it on another snippet of white card, cut it out, edged it with pink Distress Oxide and glued it flat onto the panel.  I added splatters in blue and pink ink along with splatters in white Posca pen and the butterfly has lots of sparkle which I don't think you can see in the photos.  The panel is cut out with a Slimline die by Lisa Horton and is glued to a DL black card base that I made myself.

I have made another card similar to this one where the background is white and the butterfly is coloured.  

I would like to enter the following challenges:
Darnell's NBUS Challenge - Never Before Used Schtuff.
Allsorts Challenge Blog - Butterflies, Birds and Bees.

I hope you are doing ok and have had, or will have shortly, your covid jab.  I have had my first one and will be even happier when I can have my second.  I had a garden visit from my daughter, son in law and our two granddaughters the week before last - it was so lovely!  I do miss the hugs though.  One day hopefully!  

Thank you so much for visiting me, take care and stay safe!  Hugs. Christine xxx

13 comments:

brenda said...

This is so very pretty Christine and I love the pink and blue colour palette, I don't use blue often but might try this combo.

I saw these stamps and resisted, would you believe I've resisted buying any Aall and Create stamps, I am so tempted then look at my stash and an ever growing cupboard of CB's and have a pang of guilt looking at more. But do have several of their stencils.

Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Kathleen said...

A really lovely image with a super background and colours. Thank you for joining our 'Butterflies, Birds and Bees' challenge.

Kath x

Redanne said...

Your card is gorgeous Chris. That is my new favourite of Tracy's latest release and you have used it beautifully. I love how you layered up the butterfly.

Thanks for your visit, I am feeling a little better each day, just taking it one day at a time. Hugs, Anne xx

Mervi said...

Fabulous card. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Fliss said...

Really gorgeous card Chris and love how those colours pop against the white background.
Hope you get your second jab soon and I have mine coming up next month all booked thankfully and I'm hoping for no side effects next time!
Fliss xx

Sarn said...

Oh my goodness! That is a TERRIFIC card. I love the stamp you've used and all the extra detail you've given it. *whizzes off to look for stamp!*

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Fabulous card Chris - every detail is perfection! And lovely to see you in the playground again!

Hugs

Di xx

Anita in France said...

What a fabulous collage-y look you created with your vibrant colouring, Chris ... the background shows the dimensional butterfly off beautifully! Hugs, Anita :)

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

What a gorgeous card and I love the touches of pink and blue colour against the black. I don't own any All & Create stamps but I may need to rectify that soon! x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Christine can I first thank you so much for popping by my blog and leaving me such a lovely comment it is so uplifting to have visits, secondly I really want to say how much I love your card that image and the colours are absolutely beautiful, I have never heard of this company but I may pay them a visit, although my stash of stamps are overflowing, lol.
hugs
lorraine x

Wendy L said...

Your card is beautiful and thank you for visiting my blog. Xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous image and card. This stamp set could be used for so many occasions I can see why you love it so.
Lorraine

Karen Dunbrook said...

how gorgeous...love it
xx Karen