Thursday 27 May 2021

Bright and Summery Butterfly Card!

 Hello and thank you so much for visiting me.  My card today is in honour of Allsorts Challenge Blog 12th birthday - congratulations to everyone at Allsorts!



The background is inked with Distress Inks then I stamped the awesome butterfly from Honeydoo Stamps, with Versafine clair and embossed with clear powder heating from the back so the embossing was really smooth.  The sentiment, which came from the same stamp set, was stamped on snippets of white card then attached to the panel.  The black frames I drew around the sentiments are there because of a mishap!  The glue for the top sentiment splurged out and when I tried to remove it, I ripped the top layer of card - oops!  So I managed to move the sentiment up a little but then you could see the dried on glue so I added the frames.  I don't usually have this trouble and use a really good dries clear PVA - it was just one of those days.   I layered onto a thin black panel and then a white 6 inch square card base and job done.  A simple but effective card I think.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Allsorts Challenge Blog - Anything Goes With Bright and Happy Colours.
We Love Chocolate Baroque - Bright and Sunny Colours.
Darnell's NBUS Challenge - Use Never Before Used Schtuff.

Thank you again for visiting me and take care.  Hugs.  Christine xxx

12 comments:

Kathleen said...

A really super background and a very different way of using the butterfly stamps, looks really great. Thank you for joining our' Bright and sunny colours challenge' at We Love Chocolate Baroque.

Kath x

Ellibelle said...

What a beautiful and unique butterfly stamps and a truly gorgeous card!
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge!

brenda said...

A lovely summery background perfectly blended Chris and a delightful Butterfly image along with the happy wishes.

Thanks sos much for joining in with out 12th Birthday celebrations at Allsorts and also this months theme at We Love Chocolate Baroque. My thanks also for your kind words regarding our 'issue' this week.

B x

Di said...

Oooh, how clever - I really love this Chris. Brilliant.

Hugs

Di xx

dutchess said...

Beautiful card Chris loving the vibrant background and that fabulous stamp….a stunning look…take care xxx

Mac Mable said...

Great save and one amazing and beautiful card. Love the blending on the background and what a stunning butterfly x.

Darnell said...

You are so smart, Christine! I actually think the scribbled frames around the sediment panels look awesome with that stylized butterfly image!! Your blended background is flawless! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Mrs A. said...

Love, love , this gorgeous butterfly. That is a great save for the glue mark and torn paper. Brilliant idea with the lines around the sentiment. Certainly fits in . Hugs Mrs A.

Anita in France said...

You recovered the oops wonderfully, Chris ... such a lovely delicate butterfly ... gorgeous against that fabulous vibrant background blending! Hugs, Anita :)

Sue - said...

A lovely card Chris. Well saved from your little accidents!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Such a pretty card Chris and I adore your colourful background x

Karen Dunbrook said...

so beautiful
xx Karen