Monday 28 February 2022

Merry Christmas!

 Hello and welcome to my blog.  A real quick one today - I haven't blogged for ages and its a Christmas card again!



I used the fabulous Lawn Fawn Giant Merry Christmas die that I won from the fabulous
Di's Snippets Playground, thank you Di!  I cut it out of a snippet of white glitter card and glued it on a piece of patterned paper from Starry Nights by Leska Hamaty which I cut out using a die from Julie Hickey Rectangle Layers, Frames and Banners.  I then added the Santa and Sleigh stamp from  Angela Poole.  I stamped using Versafine Clair Nocturne then glued to a white side fold card base and added some stickles for extra sparkle.  The whole thing is really sparkly in real life.  I have made another one like this and may make a couple more as I have some more paper and more snippets of various white glitter card from many years ago!  

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Di's Snippets Playground - Use Snippets.
Darnell's NBUS - Never before used schtuff  - Merry Christmas die.

I had my second cataract operation last week which is cool, so in about a month or so I should have glasses again at last and will be able to see a lot better!  Hopefully I can get back to crafting and blogging more.  I get eye strain a lot at the mo.

Thank you so much for visiting me.  Take care.  Hugs.  Christine xxx

11 comments:

Prudence said...

Beautiful card. You managed to pack a lot of lovely touches for a quick card. Take care of your eyes and hope you’re back to blogging soon.
Thank you for sharing with us at NBUS.

Prudence
NBUS February Guest Designer

LesleyG said...

Fab card, take care xxx

dutchess said...

thats a great die Chris is really makes a card front on its own...hope you are keeping well ...takecare xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Chris.

sue xx

Mac Mable said...

The scale of the sentiment looks fabulous and what pretty background paper...fun idea to add Santa too x. Yay to your second cataract operation and so looking forward to seeing more of your fabulous creations Chris x.

AlisonC said...

OOh I like the starry sky. Perfect background for your die cut words. x

Darnell said...

So lovely to see you, Chris!!! Your schparkly Christmas card is awesome and I especially love this one because of how much I love bright blue and white. I'm glad you've had your second cataract removal op and you'll soon be recovered and able to see clearly and in technicolor! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Love to you both! Darnell

Di said...

What a super card Chris and so lovely to see you using the sentiment die that you won in the Playground. And I see you also tootled off to buy some of the Starry Nights background paper - so perfect for super card!

Delighted you had the second cataract op. and it's a great success! Happy days.

Hugs

Di xx

Sue - said...

Lovely sparkly card Chris! Hope your eyes settle down soon. xx

Sarn said...

A beautiful Christmas card Chris.

Wishing you a speedy recovery from your op. Xxx

scrappymo! said...

That background is perfect with this die-cut (and also with Santa's sleigh).
Congrats on your recent win over at Di's.

Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.