Thursday 6 January 2022

O Christmas Tree!

Hello and Happy New Year!  Thank you so much for visiting me - I have been absent for ages.  Last year I sent absolutely no handmade Christmas cards to anyone (hangs head in shame).  I just about managed all the birthday cards but this year I am determined to do better.  So, my first post of the year is a Christmas Card, Yay!  I actually made four cards in two different colourways.


I made this card especially for Di's special Christmas and New Year Snippets Playground.  I used an old, but never before inked, Woodware stamp set BD23 2DE.  I used up the teeniest of snippets for each little piece of the Christmas tree and pot - I keep all the little pieces left over from projects with the relevant paper pad - I can't bear to throw them away incase I need them.  The tree in the stamp set comes in the separate pieces which is just perfect for the snippets and I stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne and embossed with clear powder.  Then fussy cut them out.  I didn't keep the bits left after that - they were too small even for me to keep!  The sentiment is from Creative Expressions clear stamp set O Christmas Tree which I stamped with the Versafine Clair Nocturne on Snippets of white card this time, cut out and edged with a Promarker.  The background is a piece of white card embossed with a
Sue Wilson  Falling Snow embossing folder again edged with a Promarker and glued to a 5 x 7 card blank.  The star is cut from a die with another snippet of paper and I added Glossy Accents and glitter to it.  There is also glitter on the background - unfortunately the glitter doesn't show up too well at all but its lovely and sparkly in real life.

As well as Pixies Snippets Playground I would like to enter the following challenges:
Darnell's NBUS Challenge - Never Before Used Schtuff - mine is the Woodware stamp set I used for the Christmas tree and pot.
Time Out Challenges - New - my new is using the stampset for the first time and making my very first cards of the New Year!

I hope you are doing ok and coping as well as you can with the rising cases of Covid during this worrying time of the new variant.  I have had my booster but am still mainly staying at home as I have my second cataract op at the beginning of  February (assuming its not cancelled due to the difficult time the NHS is having at the mo).  I can't wait to have it done - the eye I have had done is so much better but I still need glasses, which I can't have until after the second eye is done and healed - so things are still tricky at the mo.  

Anyway, thank you again for visiting me and stay safe and take care.  Christine xxx








 

7 comments:

Darnell said...

Great to see you, Chris! I hope you can keep your mojo juices flowing. We can't let the outside world get the better of us! I just love your card and how colorful and whimsical it is! And go you for keeping and using such wee snippets. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Happy New Year to you both! Hugs, Darnell

Sarn said...

I LOVE this cute snippety Christmas tree card Chris.
Congrats on using up some NBUS too!

Good luck for your eye op.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

dutchess said...

Happy New Year Chris…great card to start the year always good to get the craft mojo working….take care xxx

Di said...

A lovely card Chris and absolutely my style too! Here's to a better year ahead,for all of us!

Hugs

Di xx

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous contemporary Christmas card and so good to see you blogging Chris x. Still staying close to home our end too and let's hope the second operation goes ahead Chris x.

Nonni said...

Very cute card and great design for mass producing! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

Sue - said...

Good to see you Chris! I was lucky with my cataracts - I had them both done at the same time! Hope you manage to get your op done as planned. Love your snippety Christmas tree!