Tuesday 14 June 2022

You Are Dino-mite!

 Hello and thank you for visiting me! Today I have a card I made for my Son Michael's 40th birthday last month.  He is my youngest, his sister Sarah is 41 - doesn't time fly! 




I Iove this image which is from Pink Ink and is stamped in Nocturne Versafine Clair, embossed and watercoloured.  The leaves are a Funky Fossil stencil.  The balloon and numbers are dies cut from snippets of card as was the sentiment.  I drew the string on the balloon to tie round his tail and added glossy accents to his horns and eye.  
I would like to enter the following challenges:

Snippets Playground - use Snippets.
Stamping Sensations - make it masculine. 
Allsorts Challenge Blog - any stamped image.
Darnell's NBUS Challenge - Never Before Used Schtuff - my lovely dinosaur stamp set is by NBUS.

I am not sure what happened to the edge spacing above but I am using my tablet instead of my laptop and it seems to have a mind of its own and will not let me correct it, sorry!

Thank you again for visiting me.  It's very sunny and hot here in Bournemouth today.  According to the weather lady its going to hit 30 degrees by Friday.  That will please lots of people - I am an autumn/winter girl (ok, old lady!) myself so won't be out enjoying the rays!  

Have a fabulous week whatever you are doing and take care! Hugs Christine! xxx

9 comments:

Ellibelle said...

A fabulous card for a 40th birthday celebration! So nicely designed with the leafy background and love the dinosaur! Belated birthday wishes to your son!
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Sarn said...

Oh my goodness . . . I thought it was bad enough this end of the South Coast where they've predicted 26 degrees Fri & Sat . . . but 30 degrees is even worse! Poor you! I think you'd better come up to the Snippets Playground Treehouse where Di has installed a few fans (air con was just too expensive) - I'll make you a nice cooling cocktail (plenty of ice!).

On to your card . . . which I LOVE . . . and I see you also drew on it in art class! Great dinosaur and matching sentiment! xxx

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous image and I love the gentle stencilling in the background. Fabulous card for your son Chris. Stay in and stay cool with that hot weather x.

Di said...

Oh Chris - what a brilliant card! Love that you tinkered and added your own touches. Bet your son loved it!

Hugs

Di xx

dutchess said...

What a great card for your son Chris…loving that stamped image….
It’s beautiful here today just a nice balmy day but then it never gets hot up here in the north!….take care xxxx

Pat said...

This is a fun card for your son Chris and love the soft background colour with the leaves, and the balloon string you added tied round the tail, and such a fun sentiment too. Thank you for joining us at the NBUS Challenge this month. x

Pauline C said...

Fab card for your son's 40th birthday - brilliant image and colouring, and love the leaf stencilling to go with it. it is now Friday, and even here in the north it's hot! hot! hot! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.
Pauline xx

Inkyfingers said...

I'm hopeless at cards for men, Christine, but you have really nailed it with this one. I love the stenciled background, you have coloured the dinosaur beautifully, and who doesn't love a punny sentiment!
Take care.
Hugs
Carol x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A fabulous card Chis and I love how you’ve coloured it. I didn’t realise that you live in Bournemouth. My Aunt and Uncle lived in Christchurch and I spent many happy holidays there as a Child. I loved Boscombe too, as that meant having a paddle……happy days and many happy memories x