Friday 24 November 2023

Snowflake Card!

Hello and welcome to my blog.   Its been a while since I posted, I seem to struggle getting things done at the moment, so sorry! 

Here we have a Christmas card with no stamping at all.




The background is made using a piece of card from my 'bits of previous coloured card' shelf.   It started life as a much larger piece, 12 x 12 I think, and this was part of what was left.  I can't even remember if I used sprays or ink pads to colour it.  I embossed it with a snowflake folder by Lisa Horton then gently went over it with a neutral wax to add extra shine.   The 'let it snow' is a Stamplorations die and the snowflake is Sizzix.  I glued it to a card base and voila!

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Snippets Playground - use Snippets - mine are the sentiment and the snowflake.  The piece of card I embossed is part of what was left from a larger piece of card I had previously coloured - think it is too big to be a snippet though!  I forgot to photograph the pieces the Snippets came from, silly me!

Darnell's NBUS Challenge! - Never Before Used Schtuff  - Mine is the gorgeous embossing folder!

I am really looking forward to Christmas,  I love this time of the year.  I am definitely a big kid!  

Thank you again for visiting me and take good care of yourselves. 

Hugs Christine xxx

4 comments:

LesleyG said...

Love your background, the wax makes it extra shiny, perfect for your snowflake. Hope you’re keeping well xxx

Sarn said...

Lovely colour combo which makes the sentiment and snowflake stand out nicely.

If they are left over from something else, they’re a snippet - large or small - so your whole card counts!

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later for a mug of hot chocolate! Xxx

Sue - said...

Lovely to see you posting again! A great make too.

Darnell said...

I love your pretty snowflake card, Chris! The shine is clear from the photo, which means it must be incredible in person! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! We should all be kids this time of the year! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell