Wednesday 8 November 2017

Wild Flower Silhouette!

Hello, thank you so much for visiting me!  I haven't  crafted for a while but have finally managed to get back into my craft room for a little while - I have so enjoyed it!


I started back with a very simple card using a scrap of mop up card from my bits box.  I added some stamping with Distress Inks using a Creative Expressions Chicken Wire stamp and another little stamp from a Sheena set. I then inked the edges with Black Soot Distess Ink.  I die cut one of the flowers from Sizzix Tim Holtz Wildflowers set both in black and white snippets of card then layered the white over the black to give a shadow effect then adhered to the panel.  The sentiment is from PaperArtsy stamp set Jofy09 - its stamped in black on a scrap of white card then snipped into sections and glued to the panel.  I nearly forgot!  The little butterfly is cut using Butterfly Frenzy Strip Die by Sizzix.  I used a square card base - job done!

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Use Snippets
That's Crafty - Forever Floral.
Bizzy Becs - Anything Goes.

All of these are fab challenges!

Thank you again for visiting me!  I really appreciate it - Take care - Christine xxx




20 comments:

Marina said...

Great background - the white elements really stand out and I love how you placed the sentiment.

Fliss said...

A very classy card Chris and love the pops of white against your beautiful rich coloured background, so very striking.
Good to see you creating again, Fliss xx

Mia said...

Beautiful card, Chris. Brilliant background and I love the flower shape! Great shadow effects. Kisses, my friend.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A great creation using those mop ups, the die cut flowers look amazing against it's richness. It's looks like you have really enjoyed your craft time. Welcome back and Thank you for sharing your creativity with us over at That's Crafty. Best Wishes in the Floral Fancy Challenge. Hugs Tracey DT

dutchess said...

What a great background to highlight your lovely focal elements...so glad you have managed a bit of crafting,it’s great therapy...getting creative love yourcard xxxx

Carol said...

I love your card Chris, love the colour and the background design.

I hope you are going well. Hugs Carol x

Redanne said...

I just love those wildflower dies and that background you created for this one is beautiful. It is a very elegant card Chris and the words are just perfect! Hugs my friend, Anne xxx

Barb said...

Wow this is beautiful. I love the background you've made Chris and the color is gorgeous. Barbxx

AlisonC said...

Beautiful colours and patterns on your background showcasing your die cut.

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Chris ... that delicate white silhouette is fabulous against the rich background ... perfect with the sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

Scrapmate said...

I like the layering of white over black. It makes a change from the black silhouette I usually do.

Di said...

Beautiful card Chris! Love the image and also the way you used the words - luscious background too! You're back in your craft room with a bang!!

Hugs

Di xx

Sue - said...

I love the dark red background with the white diecuts.

Anne said...

I'm pleased to hear you've been enjoying some crafty time Chris. This is lovely and doesn't look simple at all, the background is fab
Anne x

Darnell said...

Welcome back, Chris! I'm sorry I'm so late stopping by to visit! I am so far behind, I was noticing yesterday just how big my rear-end is becoming!! I think starting out with a clean up of the Bits Box is a great way to ease back in - and very satisfying because that piece can no longer yell at you from inside the box and you've made a beautiful card!! Hugs, Darnell xxoo

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Very beautifully coloured Chris, love it, well done. Am waaay behind any commenting too,
Keep creating dear friend, a great share! Hugs, Shaz.x

Sharon Fritchman said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Chris! I love your beautiful background. And the white elements against it look fabulous!

Mrs A. said...

I am sure blogger is eating my comments. This is another gorgeous card I have somehow managed to miss especially as it is pink. Love the starkness of the white flower. Just lovely. Hugs Mrs A.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah, another visit Chris ... this time with my DT hat on, love your colours you’ve used them very well,
Thanks so much for sharing with us your great work in Bizzy Bec's Anything Goes Monthly challenge!!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Bizzy Becs DT}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Mm ditto eating comment my DT comment didn’t post. Maybe it’s me... not sure, but love your colours Chrts well done!!!
Thanks so much for sharing with us your great work in Bizzy Bec's Anything Goes Monthly challenge!!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Bizzy Becs DT}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}