Monday 30 July 2018

Under The Sea!

Hello!  Thank you so much for visiting me - I appreciate it lots.  My card today is one I made for my fabulous big Brother's birthday which was on Saturday.



My idea was for an underwater scene down by the sea bed.  The background is mostly done with various blue Distress Inks and an ink blending tool.  I used the side of the tool rather than using it flat to get the effect I wanted then also did the same with some plain water too.  The sand colour is actually done with light brown Brusho which I sprinkled on a tile, added water, then used a blending tool to apply in the same way - I didn't have the correct colour of Distress Ink. The netting is from a very cheap pack of three colours that I have had for years - I pulled some of the threads out to make it look less perfect - I could have roughed it up more but only just thought of that!  The gorgeous seahourse and star fish die cuts were gifted to me by my  lovely friend Anne, the sentiment is cut from a scrap of white card using a die by Presscut and the real little shells I bought in a pack years ago and they are glued on with Pinflair Glue Gel.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Artistic Stamper - Distress It.
Simon Say's Stamps Monday Challenge - Wild Things.
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Use Snippets.
Time Out Challenges 'Home Sweet Home' Photo Challenge.  Here is the photo to inspire us:



I used the picture on the wall as my inspiration as well as the overall colour scheme.

Thank you again for visiting me and have a fabulous week.

Take care - Christine

23 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love how you blended the background!! It looks amazing!! The shells are such a fabulous touch!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

sandie said...

I love how you created that background, cool idea to use inks and brushos, work well together. And the netting adds great texture and really creative idea to make it so realistic by pulling out some threads. Great to see you at Time Out

Redanne said...

Oh wow Chris, this is gorgeous. Of course I love the seahorse and starfish (thanks for your kind mention) but for me it is the fabulous background you created that I love! How inspired is that! I would never have thought to use the side of the blending tool - such an inspired idea and one I will be 'borrowing'. You have captured the essence of that picture on the wall so well, the sand looks amazing too. Your brother must have been thrilled to receive this beauty! Hugs, Anne xxx

Viv said...

Great background and a fab card!

Jester said...

A lovely summery birthday card, Chris and I love how you created the sand using Brushos. I haven't used them like that. Jx

Lisa Kind said...

OMGosh I love this! I don’t know why, but I have a thing for seahorses! This scene is so pretty! Thanks for playing along with Time Out!

Mac Mable said...

Such a beautiful background to show off the fabulous die cus and the 3D elements. I suspect your big brother loved it x.

Mac Mable said...

Meant to say that I think you had a great idea to use the brusho's for the sand and to rough up the netting was a fun idea x.

Anne said...

That's really sweet Chris, I love the scene you've created and the little shells are a lovely finishing touch
Anne x

Anita in France said...

That ocean background is just gorgeous, Chris ... what a cool effect ... and so reminscent of the picture in our inspiration! The crisp die cuts really pop against the distressed 'fish net' ... that little seahorse is especially cute! Bet your brother loved this card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Sue - said...

A fabulous card Chris! Love your background with the white diecut.

Macarena said...

Lovely background! The colors are so soft and blended, love them. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Di said...

What a fantastic card Chris - it's perfect and great use of snippets too. Love the addition of the shells and netting - clever sausage!

Hugs

Di xxs

Jill V said...

I love all the extra elements you added to this cards - the texture of the netting and the seashells add so much to your great design. Your background is wonderful too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

Marina said...

oooh I love all the texture!

LesleyG said...

Wow you have been making some stunning cards recently, and this is another stunner, and I love seahorse so xxx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous seaside card, love the netting that's why us crafters are such hoarders.
luv
Debby

Sarn said...

Super card and great idea on how to use the blending tool for the background. Congratulations on being showcased at the Snippets Playground xxx

Darnell said...

Oh, my Chris, this is so awesome! I saw you were featured by Di and rightly so! Congratulations! This is such a cool seaside scene and I have a thing for seahorses, so I love this design very much! Hugs, Darnell

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi chris! WOW! I just love your amazing card! (Congrats on being showcased!!!) It's so beautiful and filled with gorgeous little details. I love how you used the picture as your inspiration, too! And I also want to thank you for stopping by my blog, too! HUGS!!!!!

scrappymo! said...

This is so lovely,Chris. Her must have loved this great card. I make a lot of sea, seashore, shells, fishing and anything nautical cards and this one has the loveliest water and sand technique!
Great card.

Karen Dunbrook said...

sweet ocean card...just love seeing the summer/beach cards.
Well done mf.
xx Karen

Jannet said...

I love this, I adore sea related crafts! A Fabulous background, and darling seahorse and starfish. Hugs xx