Saturday 21 December 2019

Christmas Card For Darren!

Hello and thank you for visiting me, I really appreciate it.  I am very excited because Christmas is getting nearer - I just love it!  My card today is the Christmas card I made for my husband.



I began with a white card base A5 size then I cut a piece of red card exactly the same size and embossed it using a Creative Expressions snowy embossing folder and glued it to the base card.  I then cut a white piece of card the same width but shorter and again embossed it with the folder then used a free hand roller cutter to cut across the centre then attached with foam tape for dimension, across the top and bottom of the card leaving a gap to add the snowflakes.  The snowflakes were cut using snippets of white card using Tim Holtz for Sizzix snowflake dies.  I forgot to say that before I embossed the white card I stamped the fabulous Crafty Roo sentiment in Glamorous Versafine Clair ink.  I just love the sentiment and Darren (my husband) really is 'the sparkle in my snowflake'!  I added lots and lots of glitter using a Quickie Glue Pen for sparkle.

I would like to enter the wonderful Pixies Snippets Playground - use snippets.

I have been hopeless at keeping in touch with you all in blogland lately and I really apologise for that.  I seem to do a lot of apologising lately.  But I really am sorry!  I do appreciate your visits and support.

Take care and have a fabulous weekend.  Christine xxx

7 comments:

Redanne said...

Darren's card is really beautiful Chris, I love the whole design! This is such a busy time of year for most people so no need to apologise. Have a wonderful Christmas and happy and healthy New Year. Big hugs to you both, Anne xxx

Neet said...

Life is busy and no more so than at Christmas time,, don't apologise for not keeping in touch I bet there are lots ;more out there than you and I who feel like that.
Lovely card for the hubster, and the sentiment is absolutely fabulous.
May I take this opportunity of wishing you and Darren a Very Happy Christmas and best wishes for the coming year.
Hugs, Neet xx

Sue - said...

Life does tend to get in the way sometimes Chris. Your card is lovely. Hope you have a great Christmas.

Di said...

What a gorgeous card for Darren! I really thought you'd used one of those wonky die cuts or a special embossing folder - clever sausage. And isn't that sentiment just perfect, I love it!

Merry Christmas dear friend!

Hugs

Di xx

Anita in France said...

What a fun sentiment to go with these deliciously shimmery snowflakes, Chris ... a fabulous card! Wishing you a blessed Christmas! Hugs, Anita :)

Jannet said...

Beautiful ! Wishing you a very happy Christmas xx

Mac Mable said...

Such a creative and thoughtful card for your DH. Wonderful sentiment and a great design x. I am playing catch up after being away x