Saturday 25 April 2020

Twofer Card Challenge 26!

Hello there!  A very quick post tonight as I made these cards specially for Darnell's fantastic
Twofer Card Challenge which I haven't entered for ages, and I really can't spend long on the computer tonight, so sorry.



Here are my two cards both made with Lawn Fawn Stitched Umbrella die.



The one on the right, used as intended, on an inked background embossed with a waterfall embossing folder, which I think looks like rain, then glittered for added sparkle.


With the one on the left I cut the umbrella out of Kraft card and embossed it with a basket weave embossing folder and trimmed the point off the umbrella off so it looked like a basket.  I then filled it with flowers and leaves which I die cut using a couple of different sets of  Sizzix dies.


I would also like to enter Di's fabulous Snippets Playground - Just about everything on both  of these  is die cut from snippets of card from my bits box.

Thank you so much for visiting me and please take care and stay safe!  Christine xxx

7 comments:

Darnell said...

So glad you made it, Chris! You've made two delightful designs using that umbrella! I love the happy face you gave it on your encouragement card and I think the schparkly background is perfect for a cloudy rainy day! And turning your umbrella into a basket full of springtime flowers was brilliant! That basket weave really elevates your design to next level! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #26! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

Your smiley faced brolly is adorable against the texture-y raindrops, Chris ... and what a beautiful basket the same umbrella makes for your gorgeous, bright, die cut blooms ... so pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

Mia said...

Wow, Chris! What a creative way to use this umbrella! You made two beautiful cards! Hugs, my friend.

Heathers Inspiration said...

These are super Chris x

Di said...

My word Chris - you sure rocked the Twofers challenge! I think you may be one of Darnell's fave's! Yay - happy dance here. As well as using up a few snippets - love it! Hope you two are both well.

Hugs

Di xxa

Mrs A. said...

So so sorry to hear of your loss. Thinking of you both. I found Barsbars Gray (Clariy Stamps) on You
Tube and face book doing a daily doodle session on line. I have been catching up as she had already started. I logged on at lesson one I have found this to be a really god tonic for me. I just sit in front of my lap top, take a sheet of printer paper , pen and pencil and loose myself for an hour just doodling. So Far I have doodled birds on a wire, bird tables, hot air balloons and just started on a kite. My mojo has completely left the building so to be told what to do has been very therapeutic . Can thoroughly recommend. Barbara is a natural at talking to the screen. Hugs Mrs A.

Di said...

Ps Chris, I'm back. Just spotted over on Mrs A's blog about Darren's Dad. I'm so very sorry to hear this. Sending you and of course Darren love and hugs.

Di xxx