Saturday 12 December 2020

Birthday Birds!

Hello and thank you for visiting my blog.  Sorry I haven't been around much lately - I always seem to be apologising don't I?

A birthday card today - next time will be back to Christmas.  I made this for my friend's son - apparently he was very pleased with it!



The background was cut from a piece of card I had used for cleaning my brayer.  The birds are stamped on snippets of white card using Versafine Clair nocturn embossed with clear powder.  I then coloured with Sentimentally Yours watercolour pens, fussy cut them out then glued them in a tower to the panel.
The little stars were die cut from a snippet of red card and the words from another snippet of white card.  The stamp set I used is Aall and Create 346 For The Birds - I can't remember off hand which set the words came from.  I made the green card base - its DL size.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Darnell's NBUS Challenge - Never Before Used Schtuff - Mine is the For The Birds stamp set.
We Love Chocolate Baroque - Anything Goes.
Stamping Sensations - Anything with Wings.
Time Out Challenges - Its all about the words - I chose Wings.

I hope you are coping ok with Covid and Christmas however it is being handled in whatever part of the world you are in.  We are still staying in and not seeing anyone except for the odd garden visit.  We are happy to stay that way until we get the vaccine which will hopefully be in the not too distant future!

Thank you again for visiting me. Take care and stay safe. Hugs. Christine xxx

17 comments:

dutchess said...

Great fun Chris....fab stamp....xxxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Who wouldn't want a nice stack of birds wishing them happiest of birthdays! Very nice!

Sarn said...

Hi Chris

That's a fun card for an 11 year old . . . a bit of a tricky age I reckon!

Hope you'll enjoy the Snippets Playground party. Everyone's invited . . . just bring a mince pie or two and your Santa hat!

Hugs, Sarn x

sandie said...

Such a fun card! Love how you layered up these images-super colouring and the perfect background. Thanks for your lovely comment on our blog and for joining us at Time Out x

Kathleen said...

A really super fun card, great colours and images. Thank you for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge at We love Chocolate Baroque.

Kath x

Inkami said...

These images and your colouring are delightful, and the design was sure to be a hit with the young man!

Mrs.B said...

A great card for an 11yr old, it's a great design and those birds look to be having such fun.
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations
Avril x

brenda said...

Such a fun image and looks like a perfect card for a lad, many thanks for sharing and joining us at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge.

B x

brenda said...

Me again Chris, something tells me I forgot to thank you for joining in at Stamping Sensations as well.

B x

Leanne Harris said...

oooh love this DL card because it's so suitable for both a female or a man - clever! Many thanks for joining us at We Love Chocolate Baroque xxx

Darnell said...

Of course he was very pleased with it, Chris! It is a fun and festive and perfect card design for an 11 yo boy! Love the cute image and your great coloring! And I'm glad to hear you are being strong and staying safe until after you are vaccinated. Us, too! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

Shauna said...

This is so cute! I like your quirky bird tower and the colors are beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at Time Out Challenges!
- Shauna

Dora said...

Oooo...All birdies...I like it. Beautiful card.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations.

Mac Mable said...

What a fun card for your friend's son. Great 'bird' stamping and fussy cutting and a fabulous design x. Stay safe and well your end and like you we are staying close to home x.

Zoechaos said...

Great use of scraps! Love the background our working sheets can produce some of the very best background can't they? The birds well they are fantastic in every way. No surprise the boy liked it anyone would. x

Mrs A. said...

Oh my goodness, how did
I nearly manage to miss this fab fun card. Love it. The colours are perfect. Stay safe. Hugs Mrs A.

Di said...

What a super card Chris! Made me smile and we sure need it right now. And I'm so delighted to see you in the Playground - if it really is you? Who is the lady in your profile piccie? I remember you as having short red hair. I have to say though - I really LOVE the new look! Glamorous!!

Lots of love

Di xx