Thursday 31 March 2022

Pablo the Penguin

Hello and thank you so much for visiting me.  This is only my third post of the year and its another Christmas card - I must try and post non Christmas cards too.  At least I am getting organised pre Christmas!  


I used the fabulous Pablo the Penguin by Crafty Individuals along with script stamp CI-557, also Crafty Individuals.  The background and colouring is done with Pearlywinks and Distress Oxide Sprays apart from the nose and antlers which were Distress Oxide Ink and the background stamping was Versafine Clair.  I used Glossy Accents on Pablo's nose and skates and glitter for the ice.  The snowflakes are Sizzix cut from scraps of white card.  I used lots of scraps as I made five of these cards, the others are  purple.  

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Rudolphs Day Challenge - Anything Christmas.
Pixies Snippets Playground - Use Snippets - mine are the card I used for the snowflakes.
Darnell's NBUS Challenge - Never Before Used Schtuff - mine is Pablo the Penguin stamp.

Next week I am off to the opticians for a final check following my second cataract operation and I should be able to order glasses at the same time - woo hoo!  I have been without any for months so I can't wait!  My sight should be fab after my ops and glasses, yay!  

I hope you are all ok in these troubling times.  Thank you again for visiting me - take care!
Christine xxx

7 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Chris,
Happy Rudolf Days.
This is such a very wonderful card and I love Pablo he is so cute.
Such a super design also and a wonderful inked bacground you have created.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Darnell said...

That's a cool artsy penguin and I love how you showcased him, Christine! It's a great Christmas card and good for you to be working on your 2022 stash already! I'm excited for you to get your new glasses and have all that behind you! Thank you so much for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

scrappymo! said...

Pablo the penguin is so darn cute. This card made me smile as I love this cheeky little fellow!

Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Di said...

Adorable card Chris - Pablo is so cute! So pleased you'll be getting your new glasses soon - all in all thinking are 'looking' up! Couldn't resist that one!

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

Snippety snowflakes? How pretty are they! Love this cute penguin card Chris.

Thanks for submitting your homework to the Snippets Playground. Come up to the Treehouse for a hot chocolate (with one of Darnell's tipplings added) when you've finished playing hopscotch! Xxx

Mac Mable said...

Pablo is adorable and so is your card Christine x. Great to make five of them at the same time and in different colours. That is such good news about your second cataract operation and 'new' glasses x.

Sue - said...

What a great penguin! Hope you get your glasses soon. I only had to have reading glasses after my op but still keep trying to take them off when I get in the shower!