Thursday 17 November 2016

Bright Christmas Card!

Hi there!  How fab to see you today, I have a Christmas card for you and its a bright one at that!  The weather is really dull and rainy today so bright is good!



I really enjoyed making this, it came from just playing about with scraps.  I pulled out a pile of left over bits of Christmas paper.  Some are years old!  I had made card templates of the size of simple Christmas trees I wanted then drew round them on the reverse of the scraps and cut them out.  I added some plain red card onto my white card base then glued the trees where I wanted them.  The snow bank is made from another scrap of  white card and I ripped the edge to look like a bank then glued that over the base of the trees.  I needed something to put along the top edge and I had two of the Memory Box Tinsel Ropes left over from a previous card I made and they were perfect!  The sentiment is stamped in red Versafine and came with a stamp set free with a magazine.  I used a white gel pen for the snow then added glitter to the snow bank and some gems for added bling.  The little wooden angel is from my stash.  I have a pack of them that I bought from a little gift shop ages ago along with some wooden snowflakes.  The angels are so cute!

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Pixies Snippets Playground - use Snippets - my trees, tinsel ropes and snow bank are all from snippets.
That's Crafty - There must be an angel.
Bizzy Becs - Anything goes.

These are fabulous challenges, Definitely worth a peek!
Thank you so much for visiting me, I really appreciate it!  Take care. Christine xxx






11 comments:

chrissie said...

Great way to use scraps the card looks terrific

Love Chriisie xx

Jester said...

I love those wonderful Christmas trees. A fabulous card. Jx

Di said...

Well done Chris! What a great card made all from scraps - super design as well.

Hugs

Di xx

Darnell said...

It sounds like you had fun making this bright and delightful snippets Christmas card, Chris! It really is superb!! Hugs, Darnell

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Putting the BRIGHT in merry and bright. I do like this card, such a difference from your monochrome stag. You're all over creation with your creations these days. Kudos to you for following the muse.

Sarn said...

Another super looking Christmas card. Love the colours xxx

Neet said...

Keep using those angels |Chris as they are perfect on this card. Love the Merry and Bright Card you have made - certainly cheerful for a dismal day (today the wind and rains are out in full force).
Sending love
Neet xx

Louise F NZ said...

Beautiful card, I love that you used up your scraps for this. Thanks loads for joining us at Bizzy Becs Challenge

Redanne said...

Bright but also beautiful and very cheery on this miserable day!! Playing catch up, we stayed an extra day, will write soon. Big hugs, Anne xx

Carol said...

Awesome use of scraps - love your card x

Anita in France said...

So fun, bright and happy, Chris ... such a cute little snowy scene! Hugs, Anita :)