Wednesday 16 November 2016

CAS Giving Thanks with The Colour Purple

Hello!  I hope you are having a lovely day!  I have a clean and simple card today which I am entering into three fabulous challenges and I have managed to get all the challenge themes in the title, Yay!



All the stamps for this are from an awesome set by Stamplorations - Dee's Artsy Impressions, Frames and Flowers.  Its worth visiting their shop at the moment as there is a fabulous sale and free shipping over $25 worldwide! I had a $20 gift certificate I won in a recent blog hop so I have just spent it (and a little more) and taken advantage of the sale!  Thank you so much Shery. Stamplorations stamps, dies and stencils are all brilliant quality too!  I used my Misti to get everything lined up correctly.  The frame and sentiment were inked with black Versafine with the flowers and butterfly using a variety of purple inks.  For sparkle, I added lavender Stickles.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Less is More - One Layer - Books/literature - Mine isn't immediately obvious - its a book, The Color Purple by Alice Walker.  If you haven't heard of it, its an amazing book set in the harsh, segregated world of the Deep South. It won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction 1983.

 

Stamplorations Giving Thanks - There is a fab blog hop along with this too!


Stamplorations CAS Challenge - with the option of the colour purple.


These are all awesome challenges!

Thank you so much for visiting me, I am so grateful to you!  I will be popping to see you in the next day or two!  Take care.  Christine xxx

13 comments:

Redanne said...

Such a beautiful card Chris! I am so impressed that you managed to fit into three different challenges, I have a problem with just one! I have got my fingers crossed for you, I do envy people who can do CAS - I would have fingerprints everywhere - lol!

So excited, have a weekend craft event with Andy Skinner this weekend, really looking forward to it and it will be a nice break from my craft room.... Hope you have a good weekend too. Hugs, Anne xx

Esther said...

What a lovely card Christine, so clean and crisp and beautifully laid out! Lucky you having a STAMPlorations win, and you've put it to great use :) Awesome choice of book for our challenge, too. It's such a powerful read. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More!

chrissie said...

A beautiful clean and crisp card with wonderful stamping

Love Chrissie xx

Arianna Barbara said...

Really nice!!!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Well done on your STAMPlorations win Chris and what a great take on our book challenge at Less is More. Perfectly fun, CAS and striking. Thanks for playing along with us and great to see you've linked up in the STAMPlorations Giving thanks blog hop too! Sarah (Less is More) x

Darnell said...

You know what I'm going to say: this is CASliciousness at its finest, Chris!! A simple and clean and airy design that is perfect for the challenges!! Hugs, Darnell

Neets B said...

A wonderful CAS card, love the placement of the little purple images. And a great theme for our challenge too.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Jester said...

This is what I am no good at - clean and simple - but you do it so well. A lovely card, Chris. Jx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Very beautiful. My favorite part is the butterfly with it's trail. So lovely.

Susan said...

What a perfect CAS card. Your inspiration from the color purple is so perfect. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Chris ... crisp and clean with lovely pops of purple against all that glorious white space ... fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Neet said...

I love CAS although some people I know think it is a bit of a 'cop out' prferring to go OTT with stamping. I think it takes thought to get the balance right and it looks so clean and crisp.
Yours is simply lovely.
Hugs, Neet xx

Linda said...

Beautifully CAS .... love it! Thanks for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS challenge