Wednesday 2 November 2016

Freya's Third Birthday Card

It was my eldest Granddaughter's 3rd birthday last week and here is the card I made for her.  She is a huge Frozen fan and luckily I had found, on line, a card making Frozen set half price which I actually have bought for her so she can craft with her Mum.  I borrowed the stamp set included for the main image, I don't think she will mind!  Apparently she loved the card which I was very pleased about!


I stamped Elsa in black Versafine and embossed with clear powder and then stamped the image again on a sheet of copier paper and cut out the image which I then removed.  I placed the apperture I had cut over the image and stamped the snowflakes on the dress.  I cannot remember what ink I used, sorry.  The image was then coloured with Promarkers and I cut it out using the gorgeous Marianne die No. LR0112 using my Grand Calibur die cutting machine, then inked through the die with a matching Distress Ink.  The floral backing papers I used are from Wild Orchid Crafts but I don't know the name of the set and I covered the card base with the blue sheet and then used the pink sheet for the next layer.  I glued the main image down and added the '3' which I die cut with a Cuttlebug (I don't know the name of the set) die (using my Cuttlebug) from the same paper as the backing paper along with three sequins and the three birds. The birds are cut using Frantic Stamper die set, Small Birds, I drew little branches for the bottom two birds to sit on just to ground them.  The sentiment is from a Lili of the Valley clear fairy sentiment set and I inked it and cut it out.  Elsa's dress is Wink of Stella'd as is the sentiment.  I also added silver sparkle pen to the centres of the snowflakes on her dress.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Pixie's Snippets Playground - use Snippets - the sentiment, birds and main die cut were all left over snippets of card.
Cuttlebug Mania - Tic Tac Toe  - I have used the line Floral (the papers are tiny florals), Die-cuts and Number.  I have not entered this challenge before and I think I will be entering it a lot more!  I always use a manual die cutting machine which is what the challenge is all about!

Thank you so much for visiting me, I really appreciate it!  Take care.  Christine xxx







9 comments:

chrissie said...

A very beautiful card for a three year old and I am sure Freya will love it

Chrissie xx

Barb said...

This a is lovely card Chris. How lovely that you were able to find just the right thing. Now she can have fun crafting with Mummy too. Barbxx

Di said...

Hi Chris! What a fabulous snippets card - I know of two more little girls who are huge Frozen fans and this is just perfect for your Grand daughter.

Am also delighted to see you joining in with Cuttlebug Mania - it's a fun challenge and (generally) our themes aren't too taxing.

Hugs

Di xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Elsa came out looking so cool. THis is a great card that any little girl would love.

Redanne said...

I am not at all surprised that she loved this card, Elsa looks so beautiful with your colouring and design - a really beautiful card for a young lady! Hugs, Anne xx

Mrs A. said...

What a lovely card for your Granddaughter. She will have fun crafting with the kit.
Hugs Mrs A.

Jester said...

I wouldn't have known it was from Frozen (I haven't seen the film), but it looks really pretty. I bet your granddaughter loved it. Jx

Darnell said...

I'm not surprised Freya loved her beautiful card, Chris! How cool that you were able to find a Frozen set to make this special card for her and that now she can have fun stamping with her Mum! We have to carry on the tradition of this hobby, don't we?! Well done!! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

Such a sweet and pretty card, Chris ... so perfect for a little Frozen fan ... no wonder Freya loved it! Hugs, Anita :)