Sunday 9 April 2017

Little Easter Bunny!

Hello!  How lovely to see you, thank you so much for stopping by - I really appreciate it lots!  Here is a little Easter card I made for my friend Jill.  



I used a NBUS (never used before shctuff) stamp set which came free with Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine, for the tree and the cute bunny.  The leaves and the flowers come separately to the tree so its a very versatile set and comes with hearts and other images and some lovely sentiments too.  The sentiment I used is from a Personal Expressions clear set, All Year Round.  The inks are Versafine Vintage Sepia and VersaColour Sage and Orchid and I coloured the bunny in with Promarkers.  I haven't got a grass die so I used a snippet of green card which I snipped with scissors to try and emulate a grass die effect.  The circle and scallop circle are both cut and embossed with Spellbinders dies using my Grand Calibre and the background embossing is Creative Expressions Floral embossing folder and I used my Sizzix bigshot for that.  I added some Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen to the flowers and the bunny's nose and whiskers and edged all the white card with the green ink before I put everything together.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Darnel's NBUS/Boo Boo Challenge - Use something NBUS and/or a project you have made a boo boo on!  My NBUS are the tree, flowers, leaves and bunny.  There is no boo boo but it did cross my mind, well my husband's actually, that the bunny is huge in relation to the tree - I could have changed the perspective but I like the card so a monster bunny it is!  
Cuttlebug Mania - Some Bunny To Love using manual die cutting machines only.
Pixies's Snippets Playground - Use Snippets - All the card except the base card are snippets.
Penny Black and More - All Things Spring.
That's Crafty - Foliage and Flowers.

I love all these challenges - so much fun and so much inspiration!

Thank you again for visiting me and have a fabulous day!  Take care.  Christine xxx

16 comments:

Redanne said...

AWWW, the little bunny under the tree is just so adorable Chris!! I love how you did the grass too, it looks great - and I love the embossing in the background. I think your friend will be delighted with this beautiful card! Hugs, Anne xx

chrissie said...

A very nice card and so clean and crisp

Love Chrissie xx

Jester said...

A very pretty Easter card, Chris.
I have enjoyed catching up. Jx

Sarn said...

What a pretty Easter card. Lovely embossing and die cutting too.

I spy you over on the Playground seesaw looking for someone to climb on the other end. . . . I'm on my way!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Oh what an amazing Easter card!I love the soft colors.
Hugs Anja

Sandy said...

So sweet Chris and I adore your embossed background.
sandy xx

Di said...

Really cute bunny and such a sweet Easter card Chris! A perfect little scene.

Hugs

Di xx

Darnell said...

You know there have been rumors for decades of a Yetibunny roaming around that part of England! How magnificent that now we have actual proof of its existence and the locals no longer need to be afraid of it! Anyone can see it is a sweet sweet bunny. She's sorta sad maybe, wandering around searching for a Mr. Yetibunny, but hope SPRINGS eternal, so this spring might be her time!! If not, she can sure find comfort in that softly clipped grass under the beautiful flowering and schparkly tree! Thank you so much for playing again in my Boo Boo Hop / NBUS Challenge #11! Hugs, Darnell

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Cute springtime scene! I didn't feel the bunny was a monster (like from the terrible movie Night of the Lepus).

brenda said...

It's a really lovely Spring creation and perfect for our theme, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More April challenge.

B x

Anita in France said...

So very pretty, Chris ... what a lovely calm spring scene ... sweet ... I like the bunny that size! Hugs, Anita :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

very sweet Easter card Chris...love that little bunny.
xx Karen

Barb said...

Your card is so pretty Chris. What a cute little bunny. I don't know how I managed to miss that lovely stamp set! Barbxx

SewPaperPaint said...

What a truly precious card design! <3 Hugs, Autumn

Anonymous said...

such a pretty card for easter! i didn't notice anything out of proportion, but when you wrote about the size of the bunny, i just thought i must be a giant breed like my daughter has. thank you so much for playing along with us at penny black and more!
linda

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Clever use of a freebie Chris I love it, and skilful lot of stamping too as they're not as easy to use as they look!! Wonderful creation.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}