Monday 3 April 2017

50th Wedding Anniversary Card!

Hello and thank you very much for stopping by to visit me, I really appreciate it!

On Saturday, it was my Brother and Sister-in-Law's (Lloyd and Margery) 50th Wedding Anniversary and here is the card I made for the awesome couple!



Its so hard to photograph mirror card but you get the idea!  The purple card base is 7inch x 7inch and I added a gold mat.  The beautiful diamond and heart piece is cut using Spellbinders Lovin' Diamonds which I glued to another piece of matching purple card. The glasses are made with a NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) die that came free with a magazine.  I cut it out of the gold card twice and embossed them too.  I trimmed the stems of the glasses so they would fit into the centre frame then I added the waste bubbles above the glasses.  The little hearts were waste from the Spellbinders die cut and the '50' is cut using a very old die - I can't remember the make. The panel was then attached to the gold mat on the base card.  I stamped Happy Anniversary on the inside.  I was pleased with the gold and purple as it looks quite regal - perfect for the occasion!  Its strange to make a card with no ink or stamping - its not something I do often.

I would like to enter Darnell's NBUS/April Fools Boo Boo Challenge - Darnell's challenges are always such fun and this one is double fun!  You can enter something using a NBUS (never before used schtuff) of which we all have lots!  Something you have made a 'boo boo' on and are happy to share or both!  Mine is just the glasses which are NBUS.  I must confess though that one year I did make Darren (my husband) his anniversary card with the wrong year on!  Now that was a huge boo boo which, when he told me -(aaaaaargh!)  had me changing it very swiftly! How silly did I feel! Please join in, its such fun!  You can join in as many times as you like!  Thank you Darnell, I love to play!

Once again, thank you for visiting me and have a good week.  Take care! Christine xxx

17 comments:

Marlena M. said...

Lovely shimmer and shine!

chrissie said...

This is a really fantastic card with the shine adding somu h to
It
Love Chrissie xx

Redanne said...

Oh how elegant Chris, the purple and gold have such a regal quality - a very special card for a very special occasion!

I did smile at you getting it wrong with Darren, I did just the same thing with David today when he asked - 'well how old do you think I am' and of course, I was a full year out.... oh dearie me.... I told him I was testing him to see if HE knew - lol.

Anyway, your card is gorgeous! Hugs, Anne xx

Barb said...

A beautiful card Chris and perfect for such a special occasion. Barbxx

LesleyG said...

that certainly is a regal card full of glitz gilt and glamour xxx

Sarn said...

Very glitzy indeed. Wonderful xxx

Darnell said...

Hey, when all the years roll by happily, it is hard to remember which one you're sitting on! Ask me how I know! Thanks for sharing that, Chris, brought back a really funny memory for me! Your anniversary card for the long-married young couple is as gold and glitzy and celebratory as it should be for such a momentous occasion! I'm sure it will be treasured! Thank you so much for playing in NBUS Challenge #11 and for your friendship, encouragement, and support! I appreciate it!! Love and hugs, Darnell

Scrapmate said...

What a great card! I love the frame die you have used - it is so effective cut with the mirri card. A beautiful card for such a special celebration.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful and elegant looking and perfect for the occasion.

Sandy said...

This is perfect for a 50th anniversary! Purple and gold - made for royalty!!
Sandy xx

Marina said...

Yes I often decide not to put an age on children's cards, as they often turn out to be a year or two older than I think . (Not my own kids, obvs!)
This is beautiful - elegant and ornate.

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Chris! Your card is absolutely gorgeous. I love the gold an purple together, too. And I giggled at you getting the year wrong once - I think it has happened to all of us at one time or another! LOL!!! Thanks for sharing your talents with all of us. HUGS!

Anita in France said...

Regal indeed, Chris ... and so celebratory with those yummy champagne filled glasses ... and the bubbles! Brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)

Sue - said...

Fabulous anniversary card, and as you say very regal!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a fabulous card and so rich looking too!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

WOW that looks so precious!
Hugs Anja

Jester said...

Such a magnificent card, Chris. Full marks for getting those bubbles positioned - I bet they were a bit tricky to get just right! Jx