Tuesday 11 April 2017

Purple Butterfly with 'That' embossing folder!

Hello!  Its lovely to see you and thank you so much for your visit, I really appreciate it!

My card today is one I made for my friend Susan whose birthday is today - Happy Birthday Susan! I know she has received the card and likes it so it is safe to post it on my blog now.



I used 'that' embossing folder again!  You know the one, it originally came free with a magazine but you can now buy it as it was so popular - I adore it!  It seems to go with any embellishment at all. Susan loves the colour purple so all the embellishments and card base are different shades of purple. The solid part of the large butterfly is cut using the smallest die from Sizzix Bigz die Vintage Butterfly with the top layer being cut with Sizzix Thinlits die Intricate Vintage Butterfly.  I used two different pieces of card that I had coloured with various shades of purple Distress Ink - one piece darker than the other, then spritzed with Glimmer Mist and glued together with Cosmic Shimmer PVA.  The tiny butterflies are cut from the same card using Spellbinders Flutter Love and the Happy Birthday is also Spellbinders - Sentiments 3. I attached the embossed panel to a purple card blank then added the butterflies, sentiment and little purple gems for lots of bling,  all with the Cosmic Shimmer glue.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Darnell's NBUS/Boo Boo Challenge - Use NBUS (never before used sctuff) and/or show some boo boo you have made.  Mine is just NBUS  - Both Sizzix dies used for my large butterfly.
Bizzy Becs - Anything Goes.
Allsorts Challenge - Bring on the Bling.
Stamplorations - Things with Wings - its part of their fabulous Spring blog hop celebrations.


All of these are fabulous blogs and challenges!

Thank you again for visiting, I hope you are having a good week.  Tomorrow my friend Julie is picking me up for a day at her house for a good catch up - lunch and a good natter -  I am really looking forward to it!

Take care.  Christine xxx





18 comments:

Sue - said...

A lovely card Chris. I think I must be the only crafter who hasn't got that folder!

Darnell said...

Honestly, it is an extraordinary e/f and I think I would be using it lots and lots if I had it! It's so versatile. I am sure Susan will have this card out on display long after her birthday, enjoying all that purple, texture, and beautiful butterflies!! Thank you so much for playing with me again, my friend!! Have fun with Julie tomorrow!! Hugs, Darnell xxoo

Neet said...

What a beautiful card. I love the colour scheme you have used and that folder is gorgeous. Mind you I think the way you have artistically used each part has made this card into what it is - Ab Fab!
Hugs, Neet xx

Redanne said...

'That' embossing folder is brilliant for sure, but it is what you do with it that makes is special, I just love those beautiful gems and the gorgeous little butterflies! Really beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx

Marina said...

It's great when you find a craft item you can use over and over again. This is a lovely card.

chrissie said...

A very beautiful card and the embossing makes it special

Love Chrissie xx

Barb said...

It really is a super embossing folder and your card is beautiful Chris. It must have taken lots of time to stick on all the gems. They make it extra special. Barbxx

Mrs A. said...

I totally agree that it is what you have done with the EF that has really made this card. For the record I don't have it either!!!! Have a super day tomorrow with your mate. Hugs Mrs A.

SewPaperPaint said...

That really is an awesome EF! It makes such easy work, now doesn't it! But your added elements really up the wow factor! Hugs, Autumn

Anita in France said...

Delicate and so pretty, Chris ... with an added touch of sophistication from the elegant embossing and the swoosh of bling ... fabulous! Hope you enjoyed your lunch date! Joyeuses Pâques! Hugs, Anita :)

SandeeNC said...

What's not to love about a butterfly, I love your card, and Happy Birthday Susan!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Tick, have that folder Chris, a freebie in a magazine, all way dienunder 😊
Big fat cross X.-> Never ever made a card with it...😝 Yup, gotta do it as really trulylove this card, love purple too.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x
PS thanks so much for popping over to my blog, and also DT post on Bec's blog, you're a real sweetie and so made my day. And appreciated in every way. ❤❤❤

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Jester said...

A beautiful card, Chris. I can see why you love that embossing folder; such a great pattern. I am in awe that all those pretty stones are in line - it must have taken you ages, but definitely worth the effort!

buterfliecrafter said...

butterflies always make me happy :-), so much care and detail has gone into this card, lovely, Vicky aka butterfliecrafter

Sarn said...

FABULOUS card. Very pretty in purple and white with all the bling. It really is a lovely embossing folder.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Liz McGuire, said...

Hi Chris, gorgeous card. And yes, that folder has been amazingly popular. No wonder when you can use it to make cards like this, Liz x

alexandra s.m. said...

Such a beautiful and elegant card Chris!
Love that shade of purple!

scrappymo! said...

This is a beautiful card and a beautiful die!