Friday 18 August 2017

40th Birthday Card!

Hello, thank you for visiting me - this is the quickest post ever as I only have twenty minutes to enter one the challenges I want to join in with so sorry for any mistakes etc!  Right, here goes!




I started off with a Distress Inked background - in fact I made two so I could cut the flowers and words out of the same coloured card - I can't remember the colours, sorry!  The flowers are cut using Cheery Lynn Crysanthemum Strip Die layering two flowers for each one.  The forty was cut with a very old number set, I think its by Cuttlebug but not sure.  The corner panels are cut using Tim Holtz Sizzix die from the Mixed Media Thinlets set.  I used a couple of different  word stamp sets to make the sentiment and cut them out edging them with black alcohol marker then added some little pearls for the flower centres.  I glued the 40 to a circle of black card then glued it to the top flower. Before I glued anything down, I had stamped a couple of swirls from Creative Expressions Create a Swirl in Versafine and embossed with clear powder - the flowers are arranged on these for more interest to the background. This was for a friend of mine for her special birthday - I was really pleased how it turned out!

I would like to enter the following the challenges:

Allsorts - Add name or number.
That's Crafty - Only Cards.
CAS-ual Fridays - Friendship.
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Add a Sentiment
Try It On A Tuesday - In My Garden

Fab Challenges!

Thank you again for visiting me,  have a fab weekend - I will - its my 60th Birthday tomorrow (19th) Yay!  I love my big birthdays!  Take care. xxx



16 comments:

susiestacey said...

Lovely card, perfect for this weeks challenge. Have a happy birthday tomorrow.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

chrissie said...

A very smart looking card

You for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

Love Chrissie xx

froebelsternchen said...

This is fantastic ! Thank you for joining TioT's !

Redanne said...

I love your card Chris, the Media thinlits are some of my favourites and I love how you used it on opposite corners, it is so effective!

What a special birthday!! Apologies I did not realise you would be 60, you really don't look it at all. Wishing you a very happy birthday for tomorrow, hope your weekend is wonderful my lovely friend! Big hugs, Anne xxx

Kathleen said...

Super background and lovely design.
Thank you for joining our 'Name or Number' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Happy Belated Birthday Chris. I hope you had a fabulous day yesterday? There's nothing like a bit of speed crafting/blogging to get your creativity flowing. I'm sure your friend loved her card. I love those mixed media dies. Thank you for sharing and joining the *Only Cards* Challenge over at That's Crafty.
Best Wishes Tracey.

Jester said...

You should be pleased with how it turned out, Chris - it looks very sophisticated.
I have enjoyed visiting and catching up with all your posts. Jx

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is a truly lovely card and doesn't look at all rushed. I sometimes think that hurrying makes me focus more….although I must say I prefer a more leisurely pace!! Hope you had a Happy Birthday! Thank you for joining us again at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

Mrs A. said...

Happy belated Birthday to you. This card looks great . Would certainly take me longer than twenty minutes to produce. Hugs Mrs A.

Becca Cruger said...

Oooo those distress inks are so vibrant against that stark black. Beautiful composition!

pinky said...

Beautiful card Chris, very striking. Loving the background colours.

Mia said...

Gorgeous card, Chris. Love the bright colours of the distress inks on the black background. Kisses, my friend.

Anita in France said...

What a great background, Chris ... so bold and dramatic with the black overlay! Happy Birthday for last Saturday ... hope you had a wonderful day! Hugs, Anita :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

sooo beautiful mf....love it's richness on the black.
xx Karen

May said...

Happy 60th Chris I will be 61 on Saturday Yikes!!!...so Happy Belated Birthday wishes I hope you had a super day.... your card is Beautiful I adore the colours and design the background is Beautiful... Love it... Hugs May x

Anne said...

This is lovely Chris, I have those dies and haven't a clue what to do with them!
Don't know how I missed this one, don't know where the week went to be honest but I hope you had a fantastic birthday :o)

Anne xx