Tuesday 15 August 2017

Flower Tag!

Hello!  How nice of you to visit - I really appreciate it, thank you!  A tag today.


This is quite a large tag, I don't know the size, but I traced around a white one I have to get the shape and size then cut it out.  I stamped the flower petals in black Versafine on white card and embossed with clear powder.  They are from the Sheena Douglass Create a Flower - Balloon Petals - stamp set.. I cut them out, watercoloured them with watered down Wilted Violet and Shaded Lilac Distress Inks to which I had added a little Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen.  Whilst the petals were still wet, I shaped them a little with my fingers to add a bit of shape then left them to dry.  When dry, I went round the edges of each petal with a black alcohol marker then glued the petals together with Cosmic Shimmer Glue and a few pieces of foam tape to add dimension.  This started off as a full flower but I decided to cut it in half to use on my tag.  The background is stamped with a cool stamp from Sheena's Funky Textures 2 stamp set, its embossed with Versamark and detail gold embossing powder.  My lovely sister Lilian sent me both stamp sets along with several more a while ago!  It was a lovely pressi!  Using one of the golds from the Gansai Tambi Starry Colours Watercolour set - I splattered gold paint on both the flower and the tag then when dry, adhered the flower to the tag with two part petals in the corners all cut to fit.  The tag is edged with Treasure Gold gilding wax, the words 'laughter, friendship, kindness' edged with black and little dots of gold added before and after each word were glued to each petal.  They are actually Tim Holtz Chit Chat stickers.  Finally, using Cosmic Shimmer glue I popped little beads in the centre of the flower and added ribbon from my stash.  I love these petals, they are so versatile!  The colours are much brighter in real life and all the gold shines!

I would like to enter the following challenges:

That's Crafty - Anything but Cards
Stamping Sensations - Anything Goes.
CAS-ual Fridays - Friendship.
A Vintage Journey - Watercolour.
Try it on Tuesday - In My Garden - I would love to have big purple flowers like these in my garden!
Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge - Anything Goes

I love challenges, they help give me ideas along with all the fun!  Just wonderful!  Sometimes you get to win prizes too!

Thank you again for visiting me and take care!  Christine xxx


26 comments:

chrissie said...

A wonderful tag with great design ideas and terrific flower

Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

Love Chrissie xx

Margik said...

Gorgeous tag! The flowers and colours are amazing.
Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday.
Mar x

Mia said...

It is a beautiful tag, Chris. I love your great purple flower! Kisses, my friend.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love the contrast in colours Christine, the violet against the black really does make your glorious flower pop and the gold adds a real touch of elegance. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the *Anything but Cards* That's Crafty Challenge. Best Wishes Tracey.

dutchess said...

Stunning tag Chris the purple is so vibrant against the dark background and I love the gold detail....loving the half flower design...xxxx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

What a lovely Sister you must have Christine. I really like that you've used black card for your background as It really makes your flower the star of the show. The addition of the gold also gives your tag a real elegant feel. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous, rich and elegant looking Chris...so pretty.
xx Karen

froebelsternchen said...

A simply WONDERFUL tag!
Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday !

brenda said...

Such a pretty floral creation in really striking colours, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

May said...

Gorgeous tag... The flowers are Beautiful I had to look again as they look real... Love the background of your tag... and the lovely words on the petals...May x

Redanne said...

What a gorgeous bloom Chris, it looks wonderful against the black and gold background! Thanks so much for joining in our Watercolour Challenge at A Vintage Journey! Hugs, Anne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

This really is beautiful! Love the dramatic colours! So pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

Michelle W said...

Absolutely beautiful Chris! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays.

Darnell said...

To think these petals are even brighter IRL is incredible, Chris! This is your most fabulous creation to date! That beautiful glimmery lilac looks stunning against all the black and gold! I'm glad there were so many challenges for you to enter cuz this is an absolute winner!! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

Those gorgeous petals positively pop against the bold black, Chris ... they're fabulous ... and the gold detailing with them is brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)

Karen Petitt said...

It's a really beautiful tag Chris, very gorgeous and very lush too. Love the lilac, purple and black combination you have used, I must try that! Karen x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Love that purple with the black. That is one LARGE flower. It is quite wonderful.

Irit Shalom said...

What a perfect purple tag! Love the huge flower a lot! Good luck with our CAS-ual Fridays challenge!

Lisa Mensing said...

Beautiful tag! The black and purple are gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with Casual Fridays Friendship Challenge.

Julia Aston said...

What wonderful big petals on your bloom - so beautifully watercolored in purple Chris! They really pop off your back tag - love the touches of gold as well! thanks for joining us again in the A Vintage Journey watercolor challenge! Julia xx

pinky said...

Absolutely stunning!! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Jester said...

A fabulous tag. The violet and gold contrast so well with the black background. Jx

Mrs A. said...

I love this off the tag flower and the colour is just gorgeous. Hugs Mrs A.

Anne said...

Now this Chris, is gorgeous!
I have a huge flower punch that I had no clue what to do with and have never used - so thanks for the fantastic inspiration :o)

Anne x

Mac Mable said...

Popped in to say that I think your tag is really striking. The flower is so pretty and love that you didn't use the whole one...Very eye catching x

Linda said...

Lovely tag .... the purple looks so striking against the black. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx