Wednesday 17 June 2020

What's Good For Your Soul!

Hello and thank you so much for visiting me!  I have a cute card today using some fabulous quirky stamps from Aall and Create.  There is a whole set of these gorgeous little characters and this is the first time I have used them.  Its a birthday card for a friend of mine who, luckily, doesn't know about my blog as her birthday isn't until next week.


Firstly I inked the background with Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean and Fossilised Amber Distress Oxides then I laid a stencil by Aall and Create - No. 95, over the background and sprayed with water, dabbed with kitchen roll and removed the stencil which left a lovely ghost image where the inks lift with the water.  I stamped the girls and flowers on snippets of white card, embossed with clear powder, then fussy cut out and coloured with a mixture of Phil Martin's watercolour pens and Promarkers.  I stamped the grass from another set several times across the bottom and coloured in then added the fussy cut images along with the sentiment, again from Aall and Create.  The stamp set Nos are 255.
297 and 359 all designed by the fabulous Janet Klein - the stencil too. 

I am not very good at colouring in but these quirky images are such fun that I really enjoyed it and have several more of these girls and some cool birds Janet designed too, so will be making more of these fun cards.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Use Snippets - My girls, flowers and words are all snippets.
Penny Black and More - Favourite Stamps - These cute girl stamps are my favourites at the moment.
Stamping Sensations - Make it Colourful.
Time Out Challenges - Proust Quote.
NBUS - Never Before Used Schtuff - All the Stamps and the Stencil are used for the first time.

Thank you again for visiting me, I wonder if you are venturing out to the shops or back to work now lockdowns are easing everywhere?  We are staying firmly indoors and away from everyone/  Way too scared to venture into the wider world just yet.  Mind you, with both our medical conditions, we can't go out much anyway so really is no hardship there although miss seeing family and friends.

Take care and stay safe.  Hugs Christine xxx

22 comments:

sandie said...

This stamps are so fun and I can see why you love playing with them and I think you are being too critical of yourself-your colouring is amazing. Love the way you created the background using the stencil in this way. Thanks for leaving a comment on our main blog and thank you for joining us at Time Out x

Gerrina said...

A funny card and a beautiful text. Your background technique is a beautiful one!Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Jannet said...

Love your fun colourful little characters, your friend will love this card. Stay safe xx

Julie said...

Hey bestie, love the images, so funky and colourful, great fun. Good luck with the challenges. Miss you, big hugs xxxxx

brenda said...

Beautiful colours and such a fun design, thanks so much for sharing and joining in with our 'Favourite Stamps' theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Sharon Fritchman said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love your pretty background, adorable girls and flowers, and your wonderful sentiment! Your page is just amazing! And thanks so much for your visit to my blog! Stay safe and healthy! HUGS!! (We miss our family and friends, too!!)

Neet said...

Same here re lockdown Chris. I don't want it to end because I am scared of going out. Have to have my pacemaker checked on the 1st July and that is a postponement from a while back so I must attend. (Battery is nearing the end of its life so it is important). Dreading it and it is getting nearer and nearer.
Well, what a surprise to find these figures on your blog. What a lovely card you have made and I love the words you have put across the top. I have not got any but I love them. Will I use them is the problem? Can you let me know some time how tall the figures are please? Got an idea of what I want to do but will I use them after that once? If you visit Soojay she has some lovely work she has done with them - might give you some ideas (http://www.soojay.co.uk).
Think of you two often and I owe you an email when I have something to tell. Take care and stay safe.
Hugs, Neet xx

Redanne said...

Aww, Janet's little girls are so adorable and you have coloured them so beautifully - I especially love the hair colours! The background is beautiful too. I love this and bet you will get loads of use out of them. Some people have been swapping the bodies and heads to make them even more interesting.

We have not been out either, David is staying in with me whilst I am shielding and I don't think I will feel safe going out even after the 'release' date. Just like you we have some great neighbours and Sainsburys are delivering each week so it has not been a problem so far. So glad you are keeping safe too. I expect you are missing family and friends too but hopefully it will not be for too much longer. Stay safe and well my friend. Love and hugs, Anne xxx

Linby said...

I love these fun stamps and you've used them so well. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More Challenge.

Darnell said...

Those girls are a hoot, Chris, and I love how you have colored them and given them such beautiful scenery for them to enjoy as they went for a walk! I love the advise and how you added a ton more interest by stenciling the ghost images! Thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well and keep isolated! Hugs, Darnell

LesleyG said...

Love your quirky fun card Chris, the colours are so vibrant and the sentiment such fun. The whole thing is adorable xxx

Liz McGuire, said...

This is very cool, love those quirky images. Take care, Liz x

Di said...

What a great card Christ - so colourful and such fun. I love it.

Hugs

Di xx

Joyce said...

This is really cute. Love that childish look. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Heathers Inspiration said...

Such a super card, love how you created it. Each detail is wonderful and the background is something I have not tried doing and want to now x

pinky said...

I am so loving this card and I am sure your friend will too Christine. Your colouring is just perfect on them and I do love your chosen colours. I haven't ventured out at all. Hubby does the shopping which he is happy to do once a week and I'm happy to wipe it all down when he brings it home. HOME is the place to be.

Sally H said...

A lovely colourful creation for our challenge at stamping sensations this month! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Marina said...

The colours on here are just beautiful!

Anita in France said...

Cute, quirky, colourful ... such fun characters, Chris ... and a great scene! Hugs, Anita :)

Sue Jones said...

Some of my fav stamps too - Love your card . Thanks for the visit to my blog xx Soojay

Scrapmate said...

Hi Chris, these stamps are fabulous and your colouring has enhanced their quirkiness! Thanks for leaving comments on my blog.
Keep well.

pinky said...

Back with my DT hat on Christine. Always good to get a second peek!! Thanks for joining us this month at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky