Friday 10 July 2020

Fab Son!


Hello and thank you for visiting my blog.  Today's card is one I actually made for my son's birthday back in May.  I am pleased to say he loved it!



Unfortunately the photograph doesn't really do it justice.  The background is really black and embossed with a jungle leaf folder by Sheena Douglas I believe.  The gorgeous lion is by Crafty Individuals which I stamped on a snippet of white card in Versafine Clair Nocturne and embossed with clear powder then coloured with Sentimentally Yours Watercolour Pens..  The background mat is inked with Distress Oxides and the sentiment strip is a snippet inked with the same colours then I cut the letters out of a snippet of black card using a die set from The Works.  I really wish the photo had come out better, I don't seem to be able to do very well with my photo's at the mo.  The colours of the lion are so bright and the image beautifully clear in real life.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Stamping Sensations - All Creatures Great and Small.
Darnell's NBUS - Never Before Used Schtuff.  Mine is the lovely Lion.

Thank you again for visiting me.  Not much news here. still staying safely indoors!

Take care and stay safe. Christine xxx

12 comments:

dutchess said...

I bet he did Chris it’s stunning.....one to put on the wall and keep forever.....take care xxxx

Viv said...

Wonderful lion! A gorgeous card and easy to see why he loved it! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

Di said...

Wow Chris - what a stunning card. So beautifully made and such impact as well. I clicked on the photo and it looks amazing full screen sized - brilliant!

Hugs

Di xx

Mrs A. said...

Oh my Chris, this is a stunner. Absolutely brilliant card. Hope you are both staying safe and well. Hugs Mrs A.

Jannet said...

He is stunning! the embossing does show up when you click on the picture and it looks fantastic. Glad you are staying safe xx

Redanne said...

I am really not surprised he loved it Chris, it is just fab-u-lous! xxx

Darnell said...

It's brilliant, Chris! When I clicked to enlarge, I could get almost the full effect of the texture and detail! I'm not surprised your fab son loved it ~ it's a keepsake! I hope you are keeping well and thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

A fantastic image, so beautifully showcased, Chris ... it's almost as though this magestic lion's mane is glowing! Puts me in mind of Aslan (from the Narnia books)! Hugs, Anita :)

Neet said...

This lion certainly caught my eye on Bloglovin' just now and what a delight to find it was on your blog! Well done Chris on this lovely card. I am sure your son was over delighted to receive such a gorgeous card. And made especially for him by his mum.
Hugs, Neet xx

Mac Mable said...

So glad to hear you are keeping well and staying safely indoors x. Amazing card and stunningly unique. Wonderful colours and the image is fabulous and so is your colouring x. A real Wow card x.

Zoechaos said...

Scrolling down came to this and stopped! (again) so dramatic fabulous colouring and your fussy cutting is outstanding. Loving your work x

Sarn said...

SUPER card. Love all the detail.

Hugs, Sarn xxx