Wednesday 15 July 2020

Butterfly and Bulbs!

Hello and thank you visiting me.  I have a card today which I made for my Brother in Law last month. He is an electrician so thought this was appropriate!


I used the awesome butterfly from Aall and Create stamp set No 322, stamped in black Versafine Clair and embossed with clear powder.  The colouring is done with Sentimentally Yours watercolour pens then, when dry, I added Glossy Accents to the light bulbs.  I was going to add a sentiment to the card front but decided I liked it just as it is.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Allsorts Challenge Blog: Something beginning with 'B'. 
Darnell's NBUS Challenge  Never Before Used Schtuff - Its the first outing of this awesome stamp set.

Thank you again for visiting me.

Take care and stay safe!  Christine xxxxxxx




13 comments:

Linby said...

Great use of the stamp looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

dutchess said...

Brilliant design Chris I bet he loved it!....
Hope you are keeping well...take care xxx

My Paper Epiphany said...

Fantastic! A masculine butterfly card! Love it!

Neet said...

What a brilliant idea Chris for an electrician! I think you made the right decision, the card needs nothing else on the front of it - the image is so strong it can stand alone. A brilliant job!
Hugs, Neet xx

Redanne said...

Such a beautiful card Chris and so perfect for the recipient! Stay safe and well. Hugs, Anne xx

pinky said...

Wow that is exquisite and perfect for your brother in law. I love the intensity of the colours, so striking!

Kathleen said...

Great fun creation, lovely butterfly and a great 'lightbulb' moment. Thank you for joining our 'B' challenge at Allsorts..

Kath x

Anita in France said...

So striking and dramatic, Chris ... those glossy accents on the bulbs really make them stand out! Fabulous card for an electrician! Hugs, Anita :)

Mac Mable said...

Wow I am loving this artsy and fabulous masculine card. What a stunner of a stamp and card so perfect for your Brother in Law being an electrician x.

Darnell said...

Holy cow, "awesome stamp" is right, Chris! What an imagination to draw like that! I don't think you couldv'e come up with anything better for your electrician BIL! Your coloring and glossification are sensational! (If you want to have another play with it x 2, the theme this month at Twofer is butterflies.) Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Heathers Inspiration said...

Wow, this is super Chris - I imagine he will be over the moon with it x

Zoechaos said...

Where to start? Love the stamp it is such a new twist on 2 well worn themes. Your colouring is awesome and the glossy accents are the perfect touch. Then you knew when to stop! How did you do that so many of us just keep adding and adding I admire the you didn't. x

Sarn said...

Very cool and classy.

Hugs, Sarn xxx