Friday 24 July 2020

Twofer Butterflies!

Hello and welcome to my blog, thank you so much for visiting me.  My cards today are for Darnell's fabulous Twofer Challenge.  


I used Darkroom Door Butterfly Garden border stamp for both my cards.


For the first card I used a left over piece of inked card and stamped the border stamp on it with black Versafine Clair.  I backed it with black card then attached it to a pink card base which I made myself.  The sentiment is from Hobbyart and stamped on another snippet of pre inked card which I edged with ink and popped up on double sided foam tape.



For the second card I stamped and clear embossed the border stamp on white card and used a Clarity die to cut it into circles.  I coloured the images in with Sentimentally Yours watercolour pens.  I popped a piece of black card through a Sheena Douglas embossing folder and added to a white card blank then glued the circles, stones, glitter and sentiment (cut from snippets) to the embossed mat and it was done.


I like the Twofer Challenge as it makes you think how to use your stamps in different ways, thank you Darnell!

I would also like to enter the following challenges too!

Darnell's NBUS - Never Before Used Schtuff.

People are going out a lot more, especially with the new rules regarding wearing face masks here in England.  I, however, am still not going out!  I am waiting to see how thing go.  Luckily I have very good and kind neighbours to help.

Take care and stay safe.  Christine xxxxxx


13 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Glad you're staying safe, Christine. Me, too - only going out when I absolutely have to! These are fabulous butterfly cards. LOVE the pink you've created for your cardbase. It's really soft and lovely, just like your butterflies. That hello card, with its die-cut circles, really highlights those colorful butterflies. Love the sparkly bits, too! Thank you so much for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Bev

Mac Mable said...

That border stamp looks wonderful and I love how both cards look so very different using it Christine. The slim line Birthday card is beautiful and the design on the second card looks amazing x. I am so glad you have good neighbours to help out and we are staying in our end too.....x

Darnell said...

I love the colors you blended together for your slimline panel, Chris! They really make each of the butterfly stamp elements pop and I like the black borders and your matching sediment panel. Your second design is equally fabulous and original! I love the background texture and jewels surrounding your fun circular butterfly images, which you did a terrific job coloring. Thank you for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #29 and for sharing with everyone at NBUS!

I'm so glad to hear that you are staying in and letting your neighbors take care of you. It's definitely better to be safe than sorry! Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

Not one but two fabulous snippets cards Christ - both are gorgeous! I love those butterflies and they look so different on each card.Love the piece of leftover inked card you used - such pretty colours. We're not venturing far either. It's still too soon so we're just watching and waiting.

Hugs

Di xx

Anita in France said...

The soft colours behind all those pretty silhouettes are lovely, Chris ... and what a fabulous vibrant look you created with the butterflies through their windows ... they sparkle as the bling does! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

Redanne said...

It is always lovely to see a stamp used in different ways, both of your cards are beautiful. We have not been out either since March and have no plans to do so any time soon. Stay safe and well my friend. Hugs, Anne xx

Mia said...

These are two beautiful cards, Chris. Great designs and pretty-pretty-pretty butterflies. I send you hugs, my dear friend.

Zoechaos said...

Well I'm guessing that you, like me, are a butterfly girl! These 2 cards are fabulous, thank goodness we do not have to choose a favourite. I love your use of black you make it so pretty. Understand you staying at home but do hope you are getting some exercise and fresh air, the world has always been a dangerous place we have just given one of the unfamiliar dangers a name. x

Marina said...

What a great twofer! I love the richness of the colours and the 'botanical' look.

Di said...

Hi Chris!

Re. the Night Sky or Outer Space paper pad from Amazon - they are really great and also double sided. One thing to be aware of is that they're tightly glued to the paper pad spine - so I suggest that a craft knife is best to slit them down and remove what sheets you want as you go. Otherwise, they will tear with a wobbly edge. It didn't worry me as I'm wasteful and only used the parts I wanted but you may wish to be aware honey!

Hugs

Di xx

Neet said...

Stay in and stay safe is my motto at the moment. I am hoping the rain stops and we can go for a walk away from others We are at the caravan for a well needed change. You and Darren need to stay in safely as much as you can and I am so glad to hear you have good neighbours,
Your cards are lovely and I love Darnell. She is such a lovely lady and so kind and generous too. She sent me a card, out of the blue, the other week. Someone I am fond of - I just don't visit her blog enough. Thanks for reminding me, I will go straight away. Not to enter her challenge as I don't see me doing anything as inspiring as you have - that really is a lovely idea of yours to use the border stamp in that way.
Hope your little figures arrive soon.
Hugs, Neet xx

Diane said...

What lovely colors an butterfly designs.

Hugs Diane

debby4000 said...

I love butterflies and you’ve made some beautiful cards with your butterfly stamps.
Luv
Debby