Friday 22 January 2021

Happy 60th Birthday!

 Hello and thank you so much for visiting me.  Here is a card I made for a friends 60th Birthday.




The main image - the gorgeous flower wreath - is from a set called Fragrant Sun from 
Honey Doo Crafts.  I stamped it in Nocturn Versafine Clair and embossed it with clear powder and coloured it in with Sentimentally Yours watercolour pens.  I stamped a tiny part of the image in each corner to add interest.  The sentiment is from various stamps in my stash with the '60' being cut using number dies.  The sentiment circle and numbers are cut using snippets of white card with the numbers being coloured using the same colour as the pink flowers - as is the pink mat. Finished off with glitter dotted about for sparkle.  I adore this stamp.  Its quite a recent addition to my stash and I think its become a firm favourite - I can imagine it done in all sorts of colour combos for many occasions.

I would like to enter the following challenges.

Stamping Sensations - Favourite Stamps.
Darnell's NBUS Challenge - Never Before Used Schtuff.

I hope you are keeping well and coping ok with whatever restrictions you have where you are.  They are well worth it and absolutely necessary to stay safe these days.  Hopefully the vaccine will make a difference over time and things will be safer.  We can but hope and keep our fingers crossed!

Thanks again for visiting me.  Take care and stay safe.  Hugs.  Christine xxx

16 comments:

Darnell said...

What a beautiful wreath of tulips, Chris, in the most gorgeous and bright colors! I love the composition with the sediment inside a circle surrounded by a square! Thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep safe and take care! I hope you two get your vaccines soon! Hugs, Darnell xoxo

brenda said...

This is just beautiful Chris, I always love floral wreaths and the Tulips are so pretty and offer the hope of Spring not too far way. I am sure your friend will be so happy to receive this for her special Birthday.

hanks so much for joining in with our 'Feminine' theme at We Love Chocolate Baroque and sharing a 'Favourite Stamp' with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

I noticed you used Phill Martins pens, I would love to know what sort of nib they have? I've used Distress Markers for years as the bullet tip is perfect for direct to stamp inking which I do a lot. But they have been discontinued, tried Arteza but like so many have soft brush tips aimed at colouring in which don't work very well for that technique.

B x

Jane Willis said...

Beautiful, I can see why that stamp is a firm favourite - and with that lovely big circle in the middle it's versatile too because there's room for a wide range of sentiments.
Jane
Guest Designer at the Playground

Leanne Harris said...

A beautiful creation Chris and your colour choice is perfect! Beautifully coloured with your pens too (I love the Sentimentally Yours brush pens too!). Many thanks for joining us at We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge xxxx

AlisonC said...

This is a lovely cheerful card and will certainly be admired. It really is a beautiful stamp, reminding us that spring is on the way! x

Kathleen said...

What a super image with great colours and background. Thank you for joining our 'Feminine' challenge at We love Chocolate Baroque.

Kath x

Mac Mable said...

What a stunning card and so very pretty. That flower wreath stamped image is fabulous and I love your colouring and your colour choice x. Stay safe too x.

Cindy Beach said...

I love the wreath of tulips and the beautiful colors you chose.So so pretty!

dutchess said...

Stunning card Chris...love the bright and vibrant colours on that stamp...such a cheer up card!.....take care xxx

Redanne said...

This is such a beautiful card Chris, those flowers are gorgeous and I love the colours you used. The surround is just perfect too and sets the flower wreath off so well.

Apologies for my lateness, Blogger is playing silly devils and has blocked me for a few days - so odd. Take care and keep safe and well and roll on the vaccinations! Hugs, Anne xxx

Dora said...

Beautiful stamping. Beautiful card.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations

Sue - said...

Beautiful tulips Chris, a lovely card!

Di said...

I know how much you love that stamp and totally see why. What a lovely splash of sunshine you brought to the Playground Chris! Wonderful colours and as ever so beautifully designed and made.

Hugs

Di xx

Jannet said...

This is so beautiful Chris, I love the colours and it holds the promise of spring. Hopefully things will have improved by then.
Stay safe xx

Mrs.B said...

A beautiful card Chris, the floral wreath looks so pretty in the colours you used.
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations, Avril x

Liz McGuire, said...

Gorgeous card, love those colours together, Liz x