Tuesday 16 February 2021

Love You Tons!

 Hello and thank you so much for visiting me.  Here is the Valentine's Day card I made for my wonderful husband.



The cute Narwhal along with the bubbles and sentiment, are all from a stamp and die set by Sizzix, which I picked up very cheaply in a sale, lucky me!

I first inked through Craft Emotions wave stencil with a blue ink.  Then I cut out, using snippets of white card, the images and sentiment, stamped and embossed them with Versafine Clair Nocturne and clear powder then coloured the Narwhal and bubbles with Pro Markers.  I have to admit I over embossed the sentiment but instead of doing it again, I went over the flat areas with a Gelly Roll Clear sparkle pen which looks cool.  I added the same pen to the bubbles and the heart flipper along with Glossy Accents to the horn and hearts.  I cut the panel out using the new Tim Holtz Deckle Edge trimmer and made my own red card base.  

I would like to enter the following challenges:
Darnell's NBUS Challenge - Never Before Used Schtuff - mine is the Love You Tons Stamp and Die set.                                                

Thank you again for visiting me and take care and stay safe!

Hugs Christine xxx

9 comments:

Mervi said...

Fabulous and lovely card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Masculine -theme week;-))m

dutchess said...

What a fun card for your husband Chris...I bet he loved it ....take care xxxx

Kathleen said...

A super fun image and a really lovely background great colours too. Thank you for joining our 'Masculine' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

Sarn said...

Wonderfully different Valentine's Day card Chris. Brilliant!
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Darnell said...

Someone as unique as Darren definitely deserves a narwhal Valentine card and you rocked it for him, Chris! He's adorable (both the narwhal and Darren!), I love the sediment, and I must have that wave stencil! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep safe and cozy, my friend! Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

Great card Chris and also a stamp set I have and really love. What's not to love about a narwhal? I bet Darren was 'pickled tink' with it! Well done :)

Hugs

Di xx

Mac Mable said...

What an adorable card for your husband Chris. Sorry not to have commented by it looks like you fell out of my reading list....I love your fun heart flipper and bubbles ...super cute x.

Neet said...

I can well imagine this delightful card brought a smile to Darren's face when he saw it. It is the most adorable little narwhal I have seen. Lovely sentiment too.
Hugs, Neet xx

Sue - said...

What a sweet card! Love it.