Wednesday 8 March 2017

Darren's Birthday Card!

Hello!  Thank you for stopping by and visiting me - I am so grateful that you did!  It was my Husband, Darren's birthday on Sunday and this is the card I made him.


I began with a piece of watercolour card and I added a Clarity moon mask before I started inking with various colours of Distress Inks.  I think the colours were Wilted Violet, Squeezed Lemonade, Dried Marigold, Abandoned Coral and Fired Brick.  I was going to add my usual water and Glimmer Mist to the background (I am a creature of habit) but I like it as it is so left it alone.  I removed the mask and gently inked the white area with a tiny bit of Scattered Straw Distress Ink.  The Stamp is Rendezvous by Penny Black which I stamped in black Versafine using my Misti so I could stamp several times to get a good image as I am using textured card, then embossed with clear detail powder heating from behind to make the embossing smoother.  The 'love you' is stamped again in black Versafine using Label Maker Sentiments by My Favourite things - I can't stop using this set!  A purple mat on a black card base finished it off.  I am pleased to say, Darren really liked it!  I thought he would as I know he liked he stamp - in fact he suggested I buy it.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Penny Black and More - Anything Goes.
Stamping Sensations - Close To Nature.
Bizzy Becs - Anything Goes

Fabulous challenges!

Have a lovely day and take care! Christine xxx

21 comments:

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Awww how cute that hubby encouraged you to buy the stamp set used on your card, its is a great sentiment set and love the background and tree image too, Chris...thanks for popping over too!!
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Redanne said...

Darren clearly has good taste, the stamp is beautiful and I love the way you used it here, your background is just gorgeous!! Belated birthday wishes to Darren! Hugs, Anne xx

Barb said...

What a super idea to use the stamp that Darren picked out to make his Birthday card. What a stunning card it is too. I love the rich coloured background and the tree is a lovely stamp. Barbxx

Darnell said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Darren! He knows a great stamp when he sees it and you showcased it in the best possible way, Chris! Your blended background is breathtaking!! Hugs, Darnell xxoo

Neet said...

Good luck with the challenges Chris. This is a super looking card, I just love the colours you chose for it, they are the perfect foil for the silhouette tree. No wonder Darren liked it, am sure all who see it will.
Hugs, Neet xx
ps think of you often. x

Joan said...

Oh wow, a husband who encourages you to buy stamps? How lucky are you! Fab card with lovely background for the tree stamp

Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month

Joan

Sarn said...

What a fabulous birthday card for your hubby. I know mine would love something similar.

I'm not sure you were seriously asking my permission in your earlier blog comment, but just in case you were . . . please go ahead and feel free to make something small and add to a BIG card! It can have big impact!

Have a lovely weekend.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Chris! WOW! What a stunning birthday card! I love the dark image against the amazing background. So beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with all of us! HUGS, Sharon

SewPaperPaint said...

Beautiful stamping! Great image and background. Hugs, Autumn

Mrs A. said...

That's s brilliant card for your hubby. I love your sunset background. Perfect back drop for the trees. Hugs Mrs A.

Marina said...

A totally gorgeous scene.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Hubby is a good stamp picker! That is an awesome card, such a quiet scene that says so much.

Jester said...

Such a beautiful card, Chris. I love those rich colours and the silhouette of the trees against them. I can see why Darren liked it! Jx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, what a fab background colours.
luv
Debby

Shirley said...

Such a pretty scene you have created Chris. It reminds me of the Rookery not far from where I live and the inking is perfect.
Thank you for entering our challenge at Penny Black and More this month and good luck in our prize draw.

Shirley

Anita in France said...

Goodness, I'm not surprised your DH loved this, Chris, it's beautiful! What a gorgeous blended background ... the silhouette tree is so striking against it! Hugs, Anita :)

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful birthday card for your husband! the image is lovely in black against the multi coloured background. thank you so much for playing along with us at penny black and more.
linda

Dortesjs said...

great card

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous card...looks fab!
xx Karen

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful inking and stamping.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Anything Goes' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Karen said...

Gorgeous card, just love your choice of background colours - great sunset.
Thank you for playing along with us this month at Bizzy Becs for our Anything Goes Challenge.