Wednesday 29 March 2017

March Rudolph Days!

Hello, thank you so much for visiting me!  I appreciate it so much and I love reading all the lovely comments - they make me so happy!

A Christmas card today.




Sorry about the glare and shadow - my photography skills are rubbish!  I started by making the card to cut the snowflakes from - it is watercolour card, water, three colours of Brushos and lots of Abominable Snowman Glimmer Mist.  I sprayed the card first, added the Brushos, more water, then the Glimmer Mist, more Brushos and let it dry naturally.  I ended up with four A4 sheets as before the first two coloured sheets dried, I pressed clean sheets of watercolour card onto them to pick up some of the colour.

I cut the snowflakes out using Sizzix Tim Holtz Paper Snowflakes dies, I love this set!  The spotty embossed background is made using a Cuttlebug embossing folder and I had cut the panels to make four cards and embossed the first one before I realised the embossing area was shorter than the panel! The panels were the perfect size for the card bases I had already made so I decided to use the little  un-embossed strip to stamp my sentiment - problem solved!  I glued the snowflakes to the embossed panel, the panel to the base card them added little blue stones to the snowflake centres for bling.  On two of the cards I rotated the panel and put the sentiment at the top.  Four more Christmas cards done - Yay!  These were really quick and simple to make which is fab for batch making.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

ScrappyMo's Rudolph Days Challenge - Anything Christmas.
That's Crafty - Bling it Up.
Bizzy Becs - Anything Goes.

Fabulous challenges!

Thanks again for visiting me and I hope you are having a good week.

Take care - Christine xxx


15 comments:

chrissie said...

A beautiful clean and crisp card.

Love Chrissie xx

Barb said...

Your card looks lovely Chris. I really like the colours of your snowflakes. They look so pretty. A great card for batch making. Barbxx

Mrs A. said...

I'm very impressed with your snowflakes. Such gorgeous shades of blue and how well they go with the embossed background. Hugs Mrs A.

Anita in France said...

Delicate and so pretty, Chris ... the frosty blue is fabulous against the polka dot embossed white ... wonderfully wintery! Hugs, Anita :)

Bonnie said...

These blue snowflakes are so pretty on the embossed background, Chris!

Sandy said...

Wonderful snowflake card Chris --- makes me want to see snow again!
sandy xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Wonderful fancy snowflakes and great card.

Redanne said...

The way you stamped the sentiment was such a clever idea and one I must remember! The blue snowflakes are gorgeous against the white background - nothing nicer than blue and white for Christmas! Love this card! Hugs, Anne xx

Anne said...

I love embossed backgrounds and those snowflakes are great, what a lovely idea ( in fact I may have to copy!)
Anne xx

Darnell said...

Well done making the embossed area work for you so well, Chris! I clicked to enlarge so I could really enjoy the colors you achieved on those snowflakes and the fabulous shine!! Sending lots of hugs!! Darnell

Whisper said...

Oooo what a super CAS card and thanks for taking part in the March Rudolph Days Challenge, Luv Sam x

scrappymo! said...

This is a lovely Christmas card. Those snowflakes are gorgeous and they look great on that embossed background!


Thanks for taking part in the March Rudolph Days Challenge

scrappymo! said...

This is a lovely card. The snowflakes are beautiful...great idea to cut them from that watercolour paper that you made.

Thanks for taking part in the March Rudolph Days Challenge

LesleyG said...

Wish I could see that blue card up close, a very pretty card and well done for solving the shortage xxx

Jester said...

Clean & crisp, just like a first winter snow. Just don't let it snow just yet!!!