Thursday 18 July 2019

Bloom and Stencil!

Hello and thank you so much for visiting me!  A CAS card today - It is actually the birthday card I sent to the wonderful Darnell who we all know and love.


I began by stencilling some lovely summery Distress Oxide colours through the Foiled Again mini stencil from Stamplorations.  I made sure to fade out towards the edges and I love the effect.  The stamping is all done with Versafine Clair in Nocturne - the flower and butterfly are from a Marion Emberson clear stamp set called On Your Special Day and the fab distressed word 'Bloom' is from the clear Hope Blooms set by Stamplorations.  I added some Stickles to the flowers for a little sparkle.

I love how this turned out and did a male version in this style that I will post another time. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Allsorts  - Clean and Simple
Penny Black and More - Summer Colours
Stamping Sensations - The Earth Laughs in Flowers
Stamplorations Summer CAS
Stamplorations - Anything Goes














Thank you again for visiting me and I hope you are having a fab week!

Take care, Christine xxx

13 comments:

Mac Mable said...

The stencilling and blending look fabulous and so very pretty and the pop of black looks amazing. Stunning card x

Leanne Harris said...

A super CAS card and perfect for our theme this month. Many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More for our summer colours theme xxx

Mrs A. said...

Gorgeous card for Darnell. I love the colours chosen. Hugs Mrs A.

Anita in France said...

Delicate and so pretty, Chris, those dreamy outline blooms are lovely against the soft stencilling! Darnell will have loved it, I'm certain! Hugs, Anita :)

brenda said...

Such a pretty creation Christine, the stencilled background is perfectly blended in the Summery colours, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts, Panney Black and More and Stamping sensations current challenges.

B x

Redanne said...

The fading of the stencil is so pretty and the flowers are gorgeous Chris. I am sure that Darnell would have been super thrilled with this beautiful card! Have a lovely weekend my friend. Big hugs, Anne xxx

Dora said...

Beautiful design. Beautiful combination.
Thank you for joining at stamping sensations.

dutchess said...

Love how you have coloured through the stencil it makes the perfect background for your stamp...what a gorgeous card xxxx

Darnell said...

I love how this turned out, too, Chris, and so delighted to actually OWN it!! It's even lovelier in person! Great idea to do a twofer while you were at it and make it masculine! Thank you again for the card and sweet words! Love and hugs, Darnell

Jannet said...

A beautiful and very elegant card Chris xx

Marlies said...

A beautiful elegant Summer card Chris. A lovely design! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

Jester said...

Great stencilling, Chris. Your card looks very sophisticated. Jx

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty....love the way the stenciling fades off behind the pretty image
x Karen